How do I lower my turnovers?

#1Shin KudoPosted 10/10/2011 11:17:30 PM
I average over 3 TO's per game and it's pissing me off. I did just start My Player and both ball security and passing are rated at 60, but I don't think I should be averaging that much. On another note, I swear every time "Don't turn the ball over for the rest of the quarter" appears, I get a ****ing turnover on the next possession.
---
ZZT230 - Celica, JZZ31 - Soarer
Happy to own both a Wii and a PS3. Now for a 360...
#2ArecPPosted 10/11/2011 12:09:57 AM
Don't force anything. You're going to be making really slow passes so if a teammate that you want to pass to is closely guarded then you might want to place the ball away from the defender. Just be more careful on where you pass the ball. I use to get frustrated with turnovers too but then I realized that the passes that I was trying to make weren't necessarily good ones.
---
Check out my video playthroughs at http://www.youtube.com/arecxp and also visit www.mediabeast.net if you like gaming news and want to contribute yourself!
#3rowgue34Posted 10/11/2011 9:04:37 AM
Yeah you've just got to learn not to force the ball. I found I was turning the ball over way too much at first too. I was trying to get assists and after a while I realized I was kind of force feeding the ball to players that really weren't open, or making a lot of dumb passes out of shots or while on the move where my player had to jump in the air and spin around to make the pass.

Make sure guys are open when you pass to them. Make use of the fake pass button when feeding the post to see if the defender is going to jump the passing lane. Learn to lead your teammates with passes using icon passing when possible.
#4QB_gullygamerPosted 10/11/2011 9:49:45 AM
Yea that all is pretty good information. Just slow the game down. This yr the game play is much slower, low pass rating = molasses passes, and make sure the receiver is in good position. Once I forced fed Stat inside he had his back turnrd to me and the pass just hit him in the back and got picked up by the defense. Lol just because you press pass, does not mean the ball will get to the receiver. This yr with live ball mechanics, many factors come into play.
---
I can't believe I live in a country where Casey Anthony will make more money than me
#5Shin Kudo(Topic Creator)Posted 10/11/2011 4:50:24 PM
I guess I am forcing passes a lot. I'm just worried about the "hold ball for too long" penalty. I guess I should lower the difficulty by 1 as well. It's been a while since I even played an NBA game.
---
ZZT230 - Celica, JZZ31 - Soarer
Happy to own both a Wii and a PS3. Now for a 360...
#6rowgue34Posted 10/12/2011 9:30:27 PM
I've never gotten a penalty yet for holding the ball too long. I'm not sure if it's even in the game anymore.