Athena lame and gimmicky

#1_HeXPosted 6/5/2013 5:38:42 AM
Yeah, I'm disappointed.
---
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
#2steker16Posted 6/5/2013 6:26:35 AM
lame is an opinion and nothing more, but i dont see whats go gimmicky about it. a charge, a taunt, a small aoe and a global ult that can save teammates is gimmicky in what way?
#3_HeX(Topic Creator)Posted 6/5/2013 6:30:18 AM
steker16 posted...
lame is an opinion and nothing more, but i dont see whats go gimmicky about it. a charge, a taunt, a small aoe and a global ult that can save teammates is gimmicky in what way?

Everything she does someone else does better and more efficient. Her only redeeming quality is her taunt and even that isn't all that great because of the CD, her damage is seriously lacking and she's not even top 3 tanks.

And exactly how does her ult save someone? It takes forever to charge and doesn't guarantee you'll get there in time or even be able to save the guy you ulted towards.
---
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
#4EchoPianistPosted 6/5/2013 8:04:35 AM
I somewhat agree that Athena is a little bit underwhelming. Her ult is actually good, but the radius is too small and more often than not, it won't hit any enemy. The taunt is amazing, but her 1 and 3 are very underwhelming. I'm not sure what's so good about her 1 that warrants a charging time. Her 3 doesn't seem to be anywhere near as good as I thought it would be. Overall, she seems to be a good mobile tank, but really only shines when her ult and taunt are used correctly, but doesn't add much more to a fight once they're on cooldown.

Isis was awesome, but Athena kind of left me disappointed. But hopefully that may change, I probably just need to get used to her.
#5steker16Posted 6/5/2013 11:39:15 AM(edited)
steker16 posted...

Everything she does someone else does better and more efficient. Her only redeeming quality is her taunt and even that isn't all that great because of the CD, her damage is seriously lacking and she's not even top 3 tanks.

And exactly how does her ult save someone? It takes forever to charge and doesn't guarantee you'll get there in time or even be able to save the guy you ulted towards.

no one else in the game can taunt at all, regardless of cooldown(which is easily lowered with chestplate of valor, a solid physical protection item with cdr) it makes it a great skill, her 1 gives her a buff that allows her to absorb auto attacks, no one else can do that. her 3 is whatever, just a small aoe. and her ult is a global teleport, if you dont see how that can save a teammate you're pretty blind. the teammate takes 50% less damage while she's charging, so the enemy will have to do some serious focus fire damage to burn them through it. the teleport isnt about hitting the enemy with it, its about helping your teammate not die.

if 2 people are diving on someone and all of a sudden they see athena ult charging on their target they have have to think about if its worth continuing. there no other way to explain how useful that is to someone, so if you still dont get it, then i dont know what to say. but athena has a strong kit and plenty of people realize that already. Pro players have already commented on how if she stays how she is, she will be a contender for one of the top tank pick. just because you dont like her, doesnt make her bad
#6lordlugia_rocksPosted 6/5/2013 12:41:25 PM
Agreed she's not the best thing but nor should she. We need more middle-of-the-road gods in this game. Too many top tier dominators with no drawbacks and too many ass-tier gods with no reason to ever play them mostly due to these super-soldiers we've been getting. Remember Sun Wukong? No nerfs ever, he used to be top tier but simply fell out of favor of Thor and Ne Zha. Power creep

You release a god who's considered "UP" (when compared to super soldier Anhur), people beg for buffs, and then they end up becoming the next Thor/Apollo/Poseidon. Please don't let this happen to Athena.
---
Official Shiftry of the B/W Boards!
Pokemon Black FC: 2709-1474-4073
#7LaveronxPosted 6/6/2013 7:07:02 AM
I don't mind her. Her 3 does good base damage. Just make sure you use it first and then cast her taunt, not the other way around. Being able to jump around the map is pretty good.

I absolutely HATE her auto attacking though. That third hit in the combo is the slowest friggin thing in existence.
---
Story of my life: http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/367svi/
LoL IGN: Laveron
#8OmegaSolPosted 6/9/2013 8:20:23 PM
I like her a lot. I've had her a few times in assault and domination.
---
Xbox360 - OmegaSol PS3 - NEOOmegaSol Steam - NEOOmegaSol WiiU - OmegaSol
#9EchoPianistPosted 6/10/2013 8:35:31 AM
After another week of playing her, I can say that she's quite good. But she still needs a little something. Lower cooldowns on her skills, and make the landing on her ult work more reliably, then I think she'll be fine.
#10LaveronxPosted 6/26/2013 2:35:33 PM
So I've pretty much been maining Athena. You want to rush max cooldown/magical power ASAP, then start building tanky. Having max cooldown allows you to shred enemies and teleport around the map almost at will.
---
Story of my life: http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/367svi/
LoL IGN: Laveron