Speed Breaks v2

#1MoliviousPosted 11/12/2012 9:18:25 PM(edited)
Alright, since the other thread was nuked by Japanese in a snap, lol. It should be corrected in several areas.

well, if you're not familiar with the term, it's generally used in FlyFF (MMO) where a certain stat value (Dex in Flyff; but for this game, Agi) would result in an increase of attack speed. This focuses more on the Assassin Cross (AssassinX / SinX) class, though.

For the curious of how # of attacks were solved. Does not really have anything to do with the rest. Otherwise, skip this part.
Multi-Attack Formula: sqrt((Agi*4+Dex) / [class value])

~Class Value~
Champion - 32.75
AssassinX - 35
Paladin/White Smith - 49
Others - 40

~Speed Breaks (values written below are results from Agi*4+Dex)~
Champion - 131 295 524 819
AssassinX - 140 315 560 875
Paladin/White Smith - 196 441 784 1225
Other - 160 360 640 1000

~Things to know~
* AssassinXs will have a different increase in attacks. Instead of the usual 1x ~> 2x ~> 3x ~> etc from other classes, SinXs will go 1x ~> 2x ~> 4x ~> 6x ~> 8x instead.

* Multiple attacks will split your raw damage by the number of attacks. So if you deal 400 on 1x attack, you will STILL be dealing ~400 damage in 4x attacks. It doesn't necessarily add damage directly.
However, more attacks mean more chances for crits; more crits = more damage. So that means AGI and Luk come hand in hand if either are focused on, and SinXs benefit most from it.

* Even the wiki/thread starter of the given info said that he is still unsure of the exact values himself. Don't blame me, the wiki or the thread starter in case you find it inaccurate.

~Sources~
Wiki - http://wikiwiki.jp/raguhika/?Tips
Original thread: http://w.livedoor.jp/rag_hikayami/bbs/3344
---
"You could easily teach yourself if you observe the world closely." - Elise
#2GhostKaiserPosted 11/12/2012 10:03:20 PM
nice build for SinX. i don't quite use my SinX anymore, i deal very puny damage, gets killed a lot next to my snipers,

though you need a lot of time to feel that power for SinX,

how about STR/AGI then LUK next? then use LUK cards, so you can kill enemies fast, but i dunno, my assassins sucks for now,
---
GhostKaiser A.K.A. CursedKaiser (on......other sites...dead air.)
#3Molivious(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2012 10:30:11 PM
I usually distribute stats from 1:1, then 2:1

Agi/Luk (or full agi) + Str cards is better for survival vs several assaults (thanks to evasion). Covers more ground for hit n' run/run across the map tactics, and allows you to heal in between attacks. It might be good to have Envenom lv5 to support it early on since poison cuts enemy damage by 40~50% (not counting damage from magic, as those are constant), and increases your own damage against the affected unit by 1.2x~1.4x... 2hkos are not far from happening. Not to mention that you may also get two turns before them due to your SPD (status effects will extend their waiting time, too)

Str/Luk + Agi cards is better for 1v1 character matchups. It kills the fastest, and usually ohko on same-level units except paladins/knights. 4x attacks are decent enough until late game, where your LUK and STR is already maxed. Keep the rest for damage.

Str/Agi + Luk cards could be entirely situational, but seeing that my crit chance at 30+ Luk already gives a decent chance, increasing STR or Agi from cards would probably end up better.. This one's pretty hybrid for a start imo - balanced damage speed. You might as well go full Str + Agi/Luk cards for the meantime.

end-game, they all end up the same.
---
#4DuFuqPosted 11/12/2012 10:39:27 PM
* Multiple attacks will split your raw damage by the number of attacks. So if you deal 400 on 1x attack, you will STILL be dealing ~400 damage in 4x attacks. It doesn't necessarily add damage directly.
However, more attacks mean *more chances for crits*; more crits = more damage. So that means AGI and Luk come hand in hand if either are focused on, and SinXs benefit most from it.
doesn't it also mean more chance of missing and halving your raw damage by having either the 1st or 2nd miss?
#5Molivious(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2012 10:50:00 PM
DuFuq posted...
doesn't it also mean more chance of missing and halving your raw damage by having either the 1st or 2nd miss?

I've never seen my SinX miss. Ever. If ever it happens, i bet other units would have already missed their one-and-only attack before me XD tl;dr even enemy Assassins have too little flee rate to cause constant misses. If it's truly a bother, induce a status effect via unblockable/unmissable skills (SinXs are very good with that) then hit em hard after. Oh yeah, the Auto-guard skill is not really a bane either. You might as well just throw in 2 envenoms to kill such enemy...
---
#6StrongUtongPosted 11/12/2012 11:33:15 PM
Is it good to pump up AGI for Assasin as starter stats? My Sin is Lv.10/12, he has a 25+10 AGI, a 12+13 STR, my current equips are Drill Katar, Mail, Blue/White Mage Hat with 2 Scorpion and Wootan Fighter Cards. Your thoughts sir?
---
Prinny I love
http://i.imgur.com/tCp90.gif
#7Molivious(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2012 11:51:18 PM
Yeah, that's a fine and speedy build. There's nothing wrong with starting on any stat, except if you were pumping on stats like Vit or Int. Although, you might want to stop adding more when you hit your 2nd speed break (around 75 Agi), so that you can focus more on damage.

Assassins tend to be overshadowed a ton during early-mid game. They only truly shine during late-game
---
#8metlspaz4Posted 11/13/2012 1:12:03 AM
I believe there might be a cap, even in speed breaks, not sure if in this game, but like in most Aksys games:
BZA had a 414 cap. (you could increase to 999, but it wouldnt add any extra turns beyond 414)
SS had a 200 cap. (same effect as BZA)
Agarest games had one, cant remember off the top of my head, since I main my PSP.

Kinda wonder what the cap is on this one... I'll probably try and find out.

Although the speed is still probably high enough that you should kill the whole map before they get a turn.

In all statted games i tend to stat with speed first, then my damage stat, then go to luk for any crit/magic buffs. for some reason luk increases magic in most games... weird.
---
Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.
#9hauntbotPosted 11/13/2012 5:45:48 AM(edited)
im not sure about the damage split. my sin was suffering very badly one fight because i invested heavily in agility at the cost of strength, and after he get one more level and unlocked his second attack he starting performing much better. maybe the more hits you get the less each one does, but your total damage is higher than on the single attack, at least on the 2x attack.
---
HB: official trollschach of the relax boards
#10Molivious(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 5:45:42 AM
finally, someone bringing it up. there's a term in RPGs called 'variance' which means that the damage you deal has a small range of randomized difference.

Let's say the actual calculated damage for a single attack is 400, with variance implemented, a number like 412 or 392 might still appear. 392~412 is now your damage range. ~12 for the positive, ~8 for the negative.

I did test this out, same character, by manipulating Agi via cards, so I can assure you that damage was still around the same.

-pt1-
---