What if: Auto battle option

#1mmttbbPosted 11/12/2012 9:52:49 PM
Im playing this game slowly, One story mission a day. Anyways, when I first started I thought it was odd that I could control all characters during the introductory battle.(One of the reasons I thought toren was my main) But then I forgot about it, because its trivial. However, earlier when I played the second battle I noticed something strange about the A.I., They were standing completly still until i got in they're range. Im pretty sure everyone knew this already im not saying its anything new.2B continu
#2mmttbb(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2012 9:54:46 PM
What im getting at basically is that autobattle would suck because your comrades will be standing still.
#3MoliviousPosted 11/12/2012 10:39:09 PM
TO:LuCT had ways to do it. It's just like adding your opponent's AI to your own characters. Problem is, as you said, AI here are stupid as balls. If only the AI were more aggressive.. or *moved* after a certain point (only a few battles and a few monsters had this designed into them).. then the only question after all that would be if they'd actually put much more effort and include an autobattle feature.
---
"You could easily teach yourself if you observe the world closely." - Elise
#4RocketomyPosted 11/13/2012 3:10:40 AM
I think the reason the AI doesn't move is intentional.
If you've ever played Ragnarok Online before, most monsters are aggressive once you're in their line of sight (represented by their blue circle radius in this game), and thus attack you once you step into their area. If they don't see you though, they don't attack you.

I guess this game followed suit there.
#5MoliviousPosted 11/13/2012 5:16:32 AM
intentional or not.. it's such a bummer.
ah yes, having them go aggro/move around the field (altho minimal) was somehow an RO thing, too. They didn't just stand all the time.. not to mention that it still doesn't make them any smarter if they even happened to move around.
---
"You could easily teach yourself if you observe the world closely." - Elise
#6mmttbb(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 9:39:29 AM
They intentionally gave enemies 1 function, the bastards lol! Honestly I dont really have a problem but because of that this is automatically a beginners srpg. You know exactly how the enemy approaches(you do) except for certain npc's?

@molivious
They're probably programmed to move from destination y to x, which happens to be your starting position. Maybe not all battles, but most.