The "Lost" Hidden Skills >_<

#1MoliviousPosted 11/16/2012 9:29:09 AM(edited)
Kafra&High Wiz / Hybrid Ball - Female-specific skill. Damages an enemy using magic-infused Holy Bullets
Jonda&High Wiz / Shocking! - Male-specific skill. Uses static-charged bullets to hurt a foe. Might cause Stun
Jonda&Paladin / Machine Gun Shield - Male-specific skill. Fires Holy projectiles to damage multiple enemies.
Kafra&Whitesmith / Fever Shot - Female-specific skill. Turns Zeny into bullets to annihilate an enemy.
High Priest / Holy Scream - Female-only Skill. Does holy damage on all foes in range

----------
...Machine gun shield.. most likely Paladin's Shield Charge plus some other stuff, I guess. For the Jonda pre-requisite, it's either "Stay Put!" or "Let's Jonda!" (the only multiple-enemy skill fors jonda)

...as for Shocking!, i would bet my balls that thunderstorm has something to do with it

...Holy Scream obviously just needs the dancer's Scream. lol.

---------------------now let's rearrange the sequence----------------------------

Start as High Priest (7; Learn Holy Scream)
> Champion (16; learn Purifying Qigong)
> Assassin Cross (9; Learn Pillage)
> Dark Knight (16; Learn Stygian Void)
> Sniper (16; Learn Falcon Blade)
> Clown (6; Learn Musical Shower)
> Shaman (20; Learn Canticle)
> Whitesmith (1; Learn Ganesha's Blessing)
> Kafra (?; Learn Fever Shot)
> High Wizard (?; Learn Hybrid Ball)
> Jonda (12; Learn Shocking!)
> Paladin (24; Learn Machine Gun Shield)
> Lord Knight (20; Learn Healing Blade)
> Dancer (15; Learn Fire Dance)
> High Priest (7; Learn Holy Scream)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How'd i gather such info?

easy - no, s*** hard. I dug up the codes manually. I was really desperate to know at least the description/skill name, so I peeked into the codes. Don't ask me to teach you, either. I don't plan to go back into that pile of mess again.

While digging, i've found also out that Jester class, Princess, and Dark Princess classes exist, too (DO WE HAVE HOPE?!?). Didn't bother "searching" for whatever reserved skills they may have given, though.

Anyway, that's my share for hacking. That's the best I can do to spoil ourselves in the most beneficial and teasing way. Now that we got the info, let's help each other learn how to unlock them >_< some skills sound really promising~
---
"You could easily teach yourself if you observe the world closely." - Elise
#2misterbean07Posted 11/16/2012 9:56:48 AM
hmmm then its possible to replace a char with the job you want... and i guess story characters are also viewed as "jobs" that cannot be used or changed in to.. probably the same as tales of the world 3...

nice find

holy scream = holy light/breath + scream? the only thing we need to test is what job that will do it..

something like musical shower: sniper at Jlvl 9 gets arrow shower then clown use frost joke to unlock it...

http://wikiwiki.jp/raguhika/?%C6%C3%BC%EC%A5%B9%A5%AD%A5%EB

Good job! you unlock other skill the wiki hasn't specified
---
For an artist to create a masterpeice, he must endure the pain of pulling the universe out of his ass.
-Gintoki Sakata (Gintama)
#3Molivious(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2012 10:03:31 AM
been trying to unlock holy scream for the past 30 mins, i think we need "Banquet of Valhalla" as prereq

anyway, if you look at the sequence, it already tells you what job should learn/unlock it.
---
#4misterbean07Posted 11/16/2012 10:42:33 AM(edited)
hmmm
an interesting team comes into my mind for my next playthrough

MC clown
the rest are "Flame" Dancers
---
For an artist to create a masterpeice, he must endure the pain of pulling the universe out of his ass.
-Gintoki Sakata (Gintama)
#5Molivious(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2012 11:00:07 AM
oh yea, speaking of which, the localized name of 'Fire Dance' is 'Flame Walk with Me'

k. i guess nothing else needs to be corrected
---
#6hauntbotPosted 11/16/2012 11:02:48 AM
Molivious posted...
oh yea, speaking of which, the localized name of 'Fire Dance' is 'Flame Walk with Me'

k. i guess nothing else needs to be corrected

XD twin peaks reference?

this is really cool of you M. if these abilities arent up on the wiki yet could it be that they started coding them but scrapped them before launch?
---
HB: official trollschach of the relax boards
#7Molivious(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2012 11:15:58 AM
i doubt so. Not seeing them on a wiki doesn't necessarily mean they didnt exist in the first place.

Japanese are humans too, they could get bored, impatient, miss details, totally not care, and of course, they do not know everything nor are obliged to do so.

Likewise, not all Japanese could not code or read hex. Pretty sure they'd have done it already if they knew how. I was just lucky that i got to the right codes quickly.
---
#8hauntbotPosted 11/16/2012 12:16:26 PM
Molivious posted...
i doubt so. Not seeing them on a wiki doesn't necessarily mean they didnt exist in the first place.

Japanese are humans too, they could get bored, impatient, miss details, totally not care, and of course, they do not know everything nor are obliged to do so.

Likewise, not all Japanese could not code or read hex. Pretty sure they'd have done it already if they knew how. I was just lucky that i got to the right codes quickly.

i just know that that sort of stuff does happen. im definitely hoping theyre in the game, but im just trying to be pragmatic so we arent too let down.
---
HB: official trollschach of the relax boards
#9Molivious(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2012 7:31:03 PM(edited)
just dont want to take any credit, i guess. i still feel guilty, somehow. they might not be unlockable afaik, but who knows
---
#10filanimetorPosted 11/16/2012 7:40:44 PM(edited)
Someone actually made a hack/mod in the japanese version of the game to play the princess and jester chars...

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg855/scaled.php?server=855&filename=npjh504311271354725457.jpg&res=landing

I don't own the screenshot btw...
---
Video games ruined my life.
Good thing I have two extra lives. XD