Other TRPGs for PSP?

#11RocketomyPosted 11/16/2012 10:51:00 PM
I could not recommend Valkyria Chronicles 2 enough. Seriously, it's an amazing game.
You should also pick up The Legend of Heroes: Trails In The Sky. It has a very refreshing battle system with a wonderful story and music to take you away for at least a week.
#12metlspaz4Posted 11/17/2012 12:00:46 AM
most have been covered, but I didnt see spectral souls on the list.
it's the prequel to blazing souls, much easier to follow than BZA.
like this game has the 3 different armies, so you can choose which armies you want to win which fights, changing the ending.

BZA is very underrated since most people get stuck after the first 2 fights due to WP and guild search functions. but if you can follow the guide we have soemwhere lurking in it's board, then it's fairly simple. more strategizing than most games honestly.
---
Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.
#13MoliviousPosted 11/17/2012 12:47:19 AM(edited)
metlspaz4 posted...
BZA is very underrated since most people get stuck after the first 2 fights due to WP and guild search functions. but if you can follow the guide we have soemwhere lurking in it's board, then it's fairly simple. more strategizing than most games honestly.

what's BZA? Blazing Souls Accelate? was always wondering what you meant until you mentioned blazing souls right here. XD

yeah.. that game was fun, despite the nay-sayers here and there. The learning (or actually, adaptation) curve is quite steep tho, so it's a no-no when suggesting it to newcomers in the genre. Actually, Gungnir is also has the same steep slope.. @TC you might wanna get that after a few easier titles.

Spectral souls somehow reminded me of Robot Taisen tho XD 'cept that i dunno the characters and that they were hu...mans. It's way better than BS:A though, in my opinion. Yeah, quite forgot about it's existence, myself.
---
"You could easily teach yourself if you observe the world closely." - Elise
#14MoliviousPosted 11/17/2012 12:46:16 AM(edited)
then there's also..
Phantom Brave
R-type tactics
Lord of the Rings Tactics

these are actually good titles you can start with, as well. if you've loved Advanced Wars.. you might wanna check out Field Commander

for a hybrid, you have Adventures to Go!

...and there are tons more from japanese titles

if only MJEmirzian was here, he could give you good titles for the PSX as well
---
#15HenrySpencer10Posted 11/17/2012 6:25:34 AM(edited)
Hmmm, all of the Idea Factory games I've ever played sucked, including those SRPGs mentioned in this very topic. Speaking of them though, the new Generation of Chaos is coming out soon, so we've got yet another [crazy] Strategy RPG on the way (it was co-developed with Sting. so it's pretty much guaranteed to be good for me).

Speaking of PSX TRPGs, they should put the Vandal Hearts game on PSN and Kartia (AKA Rebus). Koudelka was a nice hybrid SRPG/survival horror, shame it's so hated.

EDIT: Woah, never heard of that "Adventures to Go!" before, thanks for posting that!
#16filanimetorPosted 11/17/2012 6:35:47 AM
Hmm...why didn't anyone here mentioned Zettai Hero Project..?
I really love that game.
---
Video games ruined my life.
Good thing I have two extra lives. XD
#17MoliviousPosted 11/17/2012 6:51:50 AM
filanimetor posted...
Hmm...why didn't anyone here mentioned Zettai Hero Project..?
I really love that game.

>_< too much games, someone oughtta forget them
---
#18seraphimkittenPosted 11/17/2012 7:34:51 AM
I've always thought of Disgaea 2 and being the weakest part of the series, the only Disgaea game I wouldn't replay. I heard that the PSP remake of Disgaea 2 was much better than the Playstation 2 version, though, so that has me intrigued. I'd love to enjoy playing Disgaea 2!

Tactics Ogre is by far my favorite tactical game. The series is a mix of strategy rpg (real time) and tactical turn-based, with the real time games going under the title Ogre Battle. All of them are great, but they're spread across several systems. Tactics Ogre for PSP is my personal favorite.

Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions offers you online multiplayer if you have a PS3, and the co-op campaign has breathed new life into a game I already loved.

Jeanne d'Arc is a wonderful game, but once you beat it, you're done. Still, if you wanted to play a historical tactics game that has anthropomorphic Frenchman, demons, and offers you up a historic serial killer as your second best character... go for it! Among my group of friends, no one has been disappointed in it.

I should mention about Disgaea, you can easily get to level 100 and beat the game without going into the crazy stuff. However, unlike most games, if you end up enjoying Disgaea you can go up to level 9999, customize weapons, do post-game content, do a special bonus version of the campaign.... basically, Disgaea always has things for you to do.
#19filanimetorPosted 11/17/2012 8:28:57 AM
The only thing I hated about Jeanne D'Arc is in the course of the story your fav/most used char leaves your party and/or at some point you are forced to use a char you don't really like.

WA: XF is the best srpg for me. The jobs/classes are really balanced in this game unlike FFT where certain jobs and skills are broken.
---
Video games ruined my life.
Good thing I have two extra lives. XD
#20AralakhPosted 11/18/2012 5:29:37 PM
No one mentioned the Ys series?!