Other TRPGs for PSP?

#31RRFCaptainPosted 11/28/2012 8:52:01 PM
Tactics Ogre is all you need in your life. It is the best game of all time.
---
Official "NOBODY CARES WHICH GAME CHARACTER YOU WISH YOU WERE, GET A LIFE" of GFAQs.
#32HenrySpencer10Posted 12/14/2012 5:58:45 AM
@MJ: Eh, I'd class Growlanser as a hybrid series, sort of like how BoFV was. So they do and they don't fit into the genre, they're all good games though, regardless.

vegetaken posted...
Hmmm, all of the Idea Factory games I've ever played sucked, including those SRPGs mentioned in this very topic. Speaking of them though, the new Generation of Chaos is coming out soon, so we've got yet another [crazy] Strategy RPG on the way (it was co-developed with Sting. so it's pretty much guaranteed to be good for me).

Yar and I think something with heart in their name too runs along the same crap games. The people that like them call them niche games but that is just some odd cult that I do not want to be a part of. I want to try the newest version of argoss war...I read it actually is a playable game from a horrible series of unplayable games.

I'm still a sucker for trying every s/t...whatever letter RPG game that comes out but some company names just turn me off.

On psx some of the arc the lads were fun srpgs, you can probably get them on the psn for the psp or just put them on your psp.

Yeah, agreed. Idea Factory have made some terrible games, surprised some people are recommending them.

Saturn had some really good SRPGs like Shining Force 3 and Dragon Force. Really wish SEGA would hurry up with releasing a PSN/Xbox Live collection for their Saturn back catalogue, preferably with as many SRPGs as possible.
#33TwilightSunstarPosted 12/14/2012 6:57:21 AM
I just wish that some of these games would be made available on the Vita.... I had a lot of them for the PSP but then "upgraded" to the Vita and for some reason I can't download quite a few of the games that I already own digital rights to play.... Also wish that the DLC purchased was able to download to the Vita (i'm looking at you DLC for Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days)

To weigh in on this topic though, Disgaea 3 on the Vita is also quite well done even if it seems to be more of the same from Disgaea 2 with a fresh coat of paint and some new features added to make people think that the game is so much more awesome....

Kind of a Card Strategy game more then a TRPG but Neverland Card Battles for the psp is at least a bit entertaining for a while and has several Trpg elements to it (again though its more admitedly closer to Yugi Oh Dungeon Dice Monsters with cards instead of dice)
---
Swift as the wind and harder to catch. Thats the faeries for you.
PSN: TwilightSunstar
#34vegetakenPosted 12/14/2012 3:25:48 PM
Yeah, agreed. Idea Factory have made some terrible games, surprised some people are recommending them.

Saturn had some really good SRPGs like Shining Force 3 and Dragon Force. Really wish SEGA would hurry up with releasing a PSN/Xbox Live collection for their Saturn back catalogue, preferably with as many SRPGs as possible.

Its funny I just tried the new argarast wars that has a supposedly upgraded battle system and its the same useless crap that is in every game where your normal attacks do nothing you just wait for a combo. Oh fun thing too (I may have been just not known about it) if you start your character as a mage they don't give you access to all the beginner spells and whatnot so you instead get physical attacks. Its like they copied spectral souls battle system but instead of allowing you to buy skills and make the character how you want, you are just stuck with what they give you for a decent chunk of time (you do eventually get books but since everything moves so damn slow its like 4 hours). The grid system also was just preset designs and monsters could attack wherever they wanted if in range anyways.

It was just my experience for the first few hours of some things that annoyed me (I just got to a spear person you can use) and they might change things but it was such a dragging game that I do not feel the need to continue on.
---
axe<great axe<greater axe<greatest axe. no need to thank me. ~_Emissary_
PSN: Sadboosh