Stats help

#1technomage64Posted 11/19/2012 3:48:32 PM
So we have our basic 6 stasts: STR, AGI, VIT, INT, DEX AND LUK

We all know what STR, VIT, INT and LUK contribute to, right?

My real question is: What does AGI and DEX contribute to? And which one contributes more to speed than the other?

I know DEX is for ranged damage and etc, so is it AGI that's mainly for speed? or is it DEX, lol?
---
"A hero is no braver than an ordinary man" - Gungnir
#2MoliviousPosted 11/19/2012 4:28:18 PM
SPD for both is equal. The choice is situational

Dex contributes to a few skills (dex-based damage), as well as Aria chant time
Agi contributes to multiple attacks (you already know this) and flee rate*

I have no idea what skills could possibly be agi-based
---
"You could easily teach yourself if you observe the world closely." - Elise
#3hauntbotPosted 11/19/2012 4:46:53 PM
luck, imo is the most overlooked stat. it cuts down status ailments and boosts crits in addition to giving the same matk boost as int

yet every time someone brings up mages its int this and int that. sure int grants mdef- but its generally agreed that spells arent a huge threat, especially from the enemy. it also grants spell points, but not even on a point for point basis. most sp comes from class and character level. a character with 99 int wont even have 100 more sp than a character with 99 luck. thats like one more powerful spell.

to top it all off you have way more money than you know what to do with late game, which easily converts into unlimited 70% sp items.

status resistance is valuable to everyone- getting stunned & frozen sucks balls period. and the crit boost is nice if you eventually want to turn the character into a clown or dark knight for a change of pace.
---
HB: official trollschach of the relax boards
#4technomage64(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 11:33:10 PM
Thanc guys

I saw the luck thing at work as well...I equipped my mage with luck cards snd increased INT with every level...the damage output is striking now

So DEX is basically for ranged units and speed and AGI is for speed. I can see why my snipers are so OP atm lol
---
#5MoliviousPosted 11/20/2012 1:55:15 AM(edited)
I'm still unsure if there are skills that would be pure int-based tho. If someone else knows if there are any, please post them up.
---
#6technomage64(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 1:57:41 AM
Wouldn't fireball and cold bolt be pure INT-based?
---
#7ladapop6Posted 11/20/2012 5:16:51 AM
hauntbot posted...
luck, imo is the most overlooked stat. it cuts down status ailments and boosts crits in addition to giving the same matk boost as int

I had completely overlooked this. Thanks for that good info
#8holyknight14Posted 11/20/2012 5:35:13 AM
technomage64 posted...
Wouldn't fireball and cold bolt be pure INT-based?

More likely based on MAT and MAT is not solely based on INT.
#9MoliviousPosted 11/20/2012 1:07:17 PM
ok wait, wut. where'd the other topic go D: did we do something wrong?
---
#10GhetsisPosted 11/25/2012 5:26:35 PM
In case it wasn't completely cleared up, DEX also influences damage for instruments and whips (Clown's and Gypsy's weapon).

All the stats function very similarly to how they do in the orig8inal game.
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?