The LUK stat (again) and possibly DEX and AGI

#1technomage64Posted 11/20/2012 2:56:44 PM
The LUK stat is usually the most overlooked stat in most RPG games. In Ragnarok Tactics the LUK stat goes far deeper

LUK (luck) boosts the chances of dealing critical attacks and decreases susceptibility to status ailments. In Ragnarok Tactics it doesn't stop there, LUK also contribute to MATK, which in turn contributes to magic damage output. Now you can see how luck would benefit the high wizard and dark knight jobs. Thanks to hauntbot for this information. You can view the original post and a few tidbits on DEX and AGI here:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/627565-ragnarok-tactics/64679246

Now you can see how luck would benefit the high wizard and dark knight jobs.

Now to put this info into practice. My personal method of increasing my magic damage output via LUK is simply really. I increase my INT every level my wizard gains and then, utilizing my spare LUK cards I have lying around (because at that point I didn't know of the benefits of LUK), I equip them to my wizard. The increase in my magic damage output was striking

*Please Note*: It is of utmost importance NOT to substitute INT with LUK. This is because, although the boost to crit and the cut down of successful status ailments on your units is always a bonus, it does not compensate for the boost to MDEF that INT contributes to.

Why is MDEF so important? Well, thanks to further information stated by another GameFAQS user (can't remember the name) from the original post, MDEF not only adds to magic defence but also physical defence as well.

It is a matter of preference whether or not you would rather the crit boost or the MDEF boost, really.
---
"A hero is no braver than an ordinary man" - Gungnir
#2technomage64(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 2:58:32 PM
For DEX and AGI go to this link (for those who skimmed read the previous post)

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/627565-ragnarok-tactics/64679246
---
"A hero is no braver than an ordinary man" - Gungnir
#3MoliviousPosted 11/20/2012 3:24:33 PM(edited)
you posted the same links in your first and second post.. is there a mistake there?

edit: oh...nvm
---
"You could easily teach yourself if you observe the world closely." - Elise
#4Dorfl_2Posted 11/22/2012 2:57:40 AM
technomage64 posted...
*Please Note*: It is of utmost importance NOT to substitute INT with LUK. This is because, although the boost to crit and the cut down of successful status ailments on your units is always a bonus, it does not compensate for the boost to MDEF that INT contributes to.

You'll have to pay attention to what the eventual build you're aiming for depends on. E.g. the jury's still out on whether the Champion's Heaven's Roar depends on MATK or purely on INT. If the latter, raising LUK won't help. If the former, raising LUK is a valid option.
---
Piracy is illegal and immoral.
#5ladapop6Posted 11/22/2012 4:53:35 AM
Dorfl_2 posted...

You'll have to pay attention to what the eventual build you're aiming for depends on. E.g. the jury's still out on whether the Champion's Heaven's Roar depends on MATK or purely on INT. If the latter, raising LUK won't help. If the former, raising LUK is a valid option.

I'm really glad someone posted this. I've been having a funny feeling that the damage output or effect of attributes is not just dependent on the attribute (Atk/Def/Spd) but also on the base value (Str/Agi/Dex) that contributes to it.

While heaven roar DOES increase in damage with LUK as well as INT--and even though I'm not really feeling like testing this--it'd be good to see if for other skills (ex aura blade, dancing sword) or even attributes (like SPD) if the source of the attribute boost(whether it be spd increase from Dex/Agi though they both add +1 Spd) affects how we see that skill or attribute played out in the game and if every source of the attribute boost is weighted equally beyond the number and in actual game play.
#6MoliviousPosted 11/22/2012 6:36:42 AM
for two skills, Stygian Void and Falcon Blade are both STR+DEX based.. so im pretty sure there would be other skills with the likes.
---
#7ladapop6Posted 11/22/2012 6:40:18 AM
Molivious posted...
for two skills, Stygian Void and Falcon Blade are both STR+DEX based.. so im pretty sure there would be other skills with the likes.

Nce, thanks Molivious. Do you have a guide up with that? Can you post the link?
#8MoliviousPosted 11/22/2012 6:52:16 AM(edited)
i have mentioned it in the faq, i believe
but for easier reference...
Stygian void (without the base damage from job level and etc) - 2/3 Str, 1/3 Dex
Falcon blade - 1/2, 1/2

but no, i dont have an in-depth guide dedicated to skills... i cannot do everything at the same time, im afraid.. i mean, testing different builds, units, combinations... and going in-depth with skills is just overkill. I might've done that if i didn't start up a faq, though.
---
#9ladapop6Posted 11/22/2012 6:52:12 AM
Oh sorry, I meant a guide for the the other skills like that, are they in the faq?
#10MoliviousPosted 11/22/2012 6:53:10 AM
edited the last post >_<
---