You do receive more HP per level gain with higher VIT

#11ladapop6(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 6:55:54 PM
I should add this point to what I said, the HP growth per level is more with higher VIT, however, the 1-3 stat points you add to VIT hold different weight at different levels.

This means, for example, at level 15, you normally get a 20 point boost to HP, with 3 stat points to add to any stat. Those 3 stat points if put into VIT will take you from 20 HP boost to 26 HP boost.

However at level 35, those same three stat points will take you from the normal 40 HP boost to 56 HP boost. Thus they hold more 'weight' at a higher level (from 6 pt boost at lv15 to a16 pt boost at lv35)

I think VIT is the only stat that works like this.
#12OgoginPosted 11/25/2012 7:39:04 PM(edited)
Are you totally sure the HP growth is permanently influenced by VIT and is not a simple bonus recalculation based on current stats?

In the original Ragnarok Online the bonus of VIT was simply re-calculated at every level up based on the current stat, so you get more or less HP at a certain level but the same total HP at end-build (level 99).

It should be easy to test out. If 2 identical characters that follow the same build but put points in different order end with different HP then VIT influence the HP growth permanently on the spot (as suggested by this topic), but if the 2 characters end with the same HP once their VIT and level is equal then the bonus get recalculated at every level up.

A good measure would be 2 Lord Knights of level 20 with 30 total vit, but assigned at different levels. Let's say the 1st Lord Knight put points on VIT from level 2 until it reach vit 30 then stop, while the other Lord Knight start to put point around level 12 (and stop once VIT reach 30), the 2 characters at level 20 with 30 VIT will have different HP? That's easier to confirm that following tests with different stats (and therefor different results) ^_^
---
sorry for bad English, it isn't my first language >.<
#13ladapop6(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 9:30:17 PM
Ogogin posted...
Are you totally sure the HP growth is permanently influenced by VIT and is not a simple bonus recalculation based on current stats?

Hey Ogogin, for english not being your first language you have a great mastery of it! I wish I could say that about other languages. And to your questions, yup, HP growth is influenced by VIT.

In one test I set a VIT to 50 for a MC at level 1, level 19, and level 44, HP gain was always ~10 points.

I did the same with VIT at 99 for MC at various levels. HP gain was always ~18 points.

The HP growth varied with the change in VIT. The only reason I say its permanent is that if you leave your VIT at that point, then future levels will continue to gain that much HP. On top of the HP growth, there's a blunt addition that occurs at various levels, 10 points lv1-5, 15 points 6-9, and so on (for lord knight) To answer your 2nd question, the final HP may still come close due to the 'weight' of the stat points at various levels, which I think is pretty cool. If you mapped it out, you could actually come out with more HP!
#14OgoginPosted 11/25/2012 10:08:44 PM
ladapop6 posted...
Hey Ogogin, for english not being your first language you have a great mastery of it! I wish I could say that about other languages.

Thank you ^_^

And to your questions, yup, HP growth is influenced by VIT.

In one test I set a VIT to 50 for a MC at level 1, level 19, and level 44, HP gain was always ~10 points.

I did the same with VIT at 99 for MC at various levels. HP gain was always ~18 points.

The HP growth varied with the change in VIT. The only reason I say its permanent is that if you leave your VIT at that point, then future levels will continue to gain that much HP. On top of the HP growth, there's a blunt addition that occurs at various levels, 10 points lv1-5, 15 points 6-9, and so on (for lord knight) To answer your 2nd question, the final HP may still come close due to the 'weight' of the stat points at various levels, which I think is pretty cool. If you mapped it out, you could actually come out with more HP!

Thanks for the confirm.
That mean a character that max VIT as soon as he can will end with around 500 HP more then the same character that put stat on vit at the end (level 70+), at least standing to the Lord Knight's HP growth, right? That sound like a huge difference, by level 99.
---
sorry for bad English, it isn't my first language >.<
#15ladapop6(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 10:21:59 PM
Ogogin posted...

Thanks for the confirm.
That mean a character that max VIT as soon as he can will end with around 500 HP more then the same character that put stat on vit at the end (level 70+), at least standing to the Lord Knight's HP growth, right? That sound like a huge difference, by level 99.

No problem, lemme just elaborate a bit with 2 phrases:

First, a character with higher Vitality will gain more HP per level.

Second and however, adding stat points late can equalize (or possibly surpass!) this if the late stat points have enough 'weight' to compensate for the lost growth from not pumping vit early. (ie 3 stat points at level 15 gives you 6 HP, 3 stat points at level 35 give you 16 stat points)

Those would be the 2 strategies for maxing HP.
#16MoliviousPosted 11/26/2012 1:00:58 AM(edited)
Vit gain, whether added later on, or right now, is constant. meaning, if you are supposed to end up at 4600 HP at the end with 99 Vit, then you will always end up with 4600 HP no matter when you distributed the 99 vit. There will be no surpassing, they are always equal.

e.g maxed vit first, then other stats; reached level 99 = 4600
maxed agi, then dex, then vit; reached level 99 = 4600

Ogogin posted...
In the original Ragnarok Online the bonus of VIT was simply re-calculated at every level up based on the current stat, so you get more or less HP at a certain level but the same total HP at end-build (level 99).

this is still true.

tested this long before, a short while after that "vit topic" was passed... i thought this was their answer tho O_o and this also seemed pretty pointless to point out unless someone said otherwise

so what im trying to say is that.. this:
ladapop6 posted...
lemme just elaborate a bit with 2 phrases:

First, a character with higher Vitality will gain more HP per level.

Second and however, adding stat points late can equalize (or possibly surpass!) this if the late stat points have enough 'weight' to compensate for the lost growth from not pumping vit early. (ie 3 stat points at level 15 gives you 6 HP, 3 stat points at level 35 give you 16 stat points)

was a wrong conclusion >_<a no offense lada, just saying the right stuff to get this issue flat and straight with no more misunderstanding(?).

i compared all this with a late-game 30-vit assassin and an early-game 30vit assassin, btw. which were both 99/99 during that time.

let me correct (altho it will look like common sense in the end)
1. a character with a higher vit will simply and always be ahead in terms of HP
2. stats equalize (never surpass, never lesser) when both the baselevels and joblevels of the two characters (assuming they have the same class, and that their vit is equal) meet.
---
"You could easily teach yourself if you observe the world closely." - Elise
yummy? http://puu.sh/1tozJ http://puu.sh/1toA5 ...still yummy?
#17ladapop6(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 2:29:21 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#18ladapop6(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 2:39:16 AM
Molivious posted...

let me correct (altho it will look like common sense in the end)
1. a character with a higher vit will simply and always be ahead in terms of HP
2. stats equalize (never surpass, never lesser) when both the baselevels and joblevels of the two characters (assuming they have the same class, and that their vit is equal) meet.

let me test this out.

(edit)
You're right Molivious! It does always equalize out!