Is this game similar to Final Fantasy Tactics?

#1Lard_in_TeaPosted 11/25/2012 8:02:34 PM
So I looked up some vids on Youtube and am still left with this question. The soundtrack I can already tell is fantastic just as FFT's is. I'm curious about the game mechanics, story and characters in comparison to the gold standard of strategy RPGs.
---
"Hey-hey! Tea! Can I have some too? With lotsa sugar and honey and... oh yeah, don't forget the lard!" - Palmer
Waiting for MGS:GZ (& MGO3)
#2OgoginPosted 11/25/2012 8:43:00 PM
The game as a lot in common with FFT, but the best comparison is Tactics Ogre.

Story wise is not as epochal as FFT, but solid over-all (multi-branch 3-way routes, with 5 different endings), while character wise there is less customization (you can't mix 2 classes in one) but enough to play around. Secret skills are an extra.

Gameplay is your typical S-RPG with a bunch of extra options (Overdrive, Burst Gauge...).

If you like FFT and Tactics Ogre you have a chance to like this game too, as long as you can forgive the "loading times" and the unskippable skill animations that are a little atrocious...
---
sorry for bad English, it isn't my first language >.<
#3Lard_in_Tea(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 9:15:16 PM
Cool, thanks for the insightful reply. Looks like I'll be downloading this from PSN.
---
"Hey-hey! Tea! Can I have some too? With lotsa sugar and honey and... oh yeah, don't forget the lard!" - Palmer
Waiting for MGS:GZ (& MGO3)
#4TeslaviPosted 11/25/2012 9:30:08 PM
The gameplay is really...mediocre. Enemy AI is easily exploitable, there are plenty of overpowered skills/builds that further trivialize the game, and there are just general balance issues. You have to either enjoy breaking the game to pieces or impose limitations on yourself to get any challenge from the game once you get past level 15 or so.
#5ZmechPosted 11/25/2012 9:54:55 PM
@Teslavi: it's the same thing in FFT, that game too becomes too easy after a certain point