Best classes ?

#1fatelordPosted 11/28/2012 3:00:25 AM
Melee

Champions ( Heaven's Roar ) > lord knight > Dark knight > assassin > whitesmith

Spellcasters

Shamans > high wizard for damage
High priest is a healer ..

Ranged
all three are pretty OP ( sniper - Jonda - Kafra )
Faster than melee, easier to level up same damage and better range ..

Anything I am missing here ?
maybe we should make a tier topic
---
Morality, like art, means drawing a line someplace.....Oscar Wilde
#2DimlhugionaPosted 11/28/2012 10:01:03 AM
It depends on what you want to do.

If you're solely looking to clear maps the fastest, 3x Heaven's Roar kills pretty much everything in the game even with mediocre Matk, so either 3x Agi/Luck/Dex Champions or 1x Agi/Luck/Int Champion + 2x Dex/Agi/Luck Kafras would be absolute god tier. Nothing else clears the map with the same efficiency.

That can be pretty boring though, which is where diverse teams specialized around themes or tactics comes in.

TL;DR Version: champions if all you want is to clear the game fast, otherwise which units are good depends entirely on your playstyle.
---
The above post was typed in front of a live studio audience.
#3demon8796Posted 11/28/2012 3:15:15 PM
what's "TL;DR Version" ?
XD
---
slay the GODS, sear the DEMONS, and slaughter the HUMANS
#4rucchipunchPosted 11/28/2012 5:20:46 PM
Whitesmith with prep time to buff itself is pretty OP, if you ask me.
---
- Official Drossel K. Schall of every Tales of boards -
Falcom husbandos are the best husbandos~
#5ladapop6Posted 11/28/2012 5:47:59 PM
I'm having a lot of fun with Lord Knight, he has two awesome elemental magical attacks, Aura blade is a holy magical attack and Dancing sword is a fire one.

A lot of enemies are weak to magic so on level 5, they're pretty fun to wreak havoc on the battlefield. It's probably my favorite class
#6DKtacticsPosted 11/28/2012 6:03:27 PM
Bashing coming in three...two... o_O
#7fatelord(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 11:50:48 AM
ladapop6 posted...
I'm having a lot of fun with Lord Knight, he has two awesome elemental magical attacks, Aura blade is a holy magical attack and Dancing sword is a fire one.

A lot of enemies are weak to magic so on level 5, they're pretty fun to wreak havoc on the battlefield. It's probably my favorite class

Are they magic attack based ?
isn't that problematic as his intelligence is a bit lacking ?
---
Morality, like art, means drawing a line someplace.....Oscar Wilde
#8ladapop6Posted 11/29/2012 12:14:08 PM
fatelord posted...

Are they magic attack based ?
isn't that problematic as his intelligence is a bit lacking ?

I thought so too but two things seem to be helping me out. The range for magic strength is much more narrow than physical strength. So a strong physical attack will be maybe 400, 500 with str of 160 near the top of mirage tower. A strong magic attack will only be around 130 with an INT at 80/90. So my Lord Knight even with his paltry magic attack of 50 is still decent enough to overcome so many enemies weak magic defense with those 2 skills.

One of the LK i'm using has SP lowering cards and sword dance up to lv5 with an INT of 60. He either ohko's most enemies or two hits them, even with a strength to fire.