More like chemistry class than an AR monster collector.

#1catsimboyPosted 7/17/2011 1:28:35 PM
In case anyone else is interested in this game I bought it and from what I've seen so far it's more like a chemistry class than a monster collecting game like Invizimals. The first problem is they decided to make it so you're collecting bacteria instead of tiny invisible creatures. You aim the camera and zoom in and it looks like the cell stage from Spore but you're zooming in smaller and smaller. You find gasses and minerals which look like bubbles and little spiky things respectively, and then you'll find bacteria.

So you find some random blobby thing, throw random squirmy things (that you start with) at it and huzzah you have a handful of blobby things to throw at the next blobby thing you find. When you're not zooming in you're browsing through your collection of specimens and learning what they eat. Some just eat basic stuff like oxygen and carbon but others need water and sugar you just craft those by adding the basic things together like water is H2O so you put 2 hydrogen and one oxygen (or any matching ratio to make more) and there you go, that's the other part of the game. You just feed them by filling up their food bar and wait in real-time whether the game is on or not and they'll reproduce on their own, more meat for the bacteria catching grinder.

Like I said the main problem is that you're dealing with bacteria and chemistry compounds. If you were catching recognizable creatures and feeding them things like meals you cook it would be a lot more interesting.
---
I should not walk so a child may live.----http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Catsimboy
#2RennarPosted 7/19/2011 12:27:03 PM

I agree. Also, I just caught the last one and for some reason the notes are saying something about "just one final effort" although the game has already said "congratulations, you have completed your collection" (or something like that)

#3catsimboy(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2011 8:16:19 PM
Rennar posted...
I agree. Also, I just caught the last one and for some reason the notes are saying something about "just one final effort" although the game has already said "congratulations, you have completed your collection" (or something like that)

Wouldn't it be great if as a twist as soon as you get the last bacteria the game goes to the 'creature stage' and you start collecting little animals.
Another thing that chafes my caboose about this game is that it tries to be clever and say bacteria are in specific places like tomato sauce when I got that specimen by aiming at the glowing red spot on my optical mouse. They shouldn't pretend they programed the camera to recognize objects when all it does is read colors.
---
I should not walk so a child may live.----http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Catsimboy