Firsties! But seriously...

#1TheColdOnePosted 4/26/2011 6:25:54 PM
Never heard of this game before and thinking of getting it on steam, though the posts in the 360 forum don't bode well.
#2PyrosFuryPosted 4/26/2011 6:39:19 PM

The one in the 360 forum is an older game.

Steam game will be 11.99, right now is 15% off preorder for $10.19. The water effects look pretty sweet.

#3Rarehunter_idolPosted 4/27/2011 10:43:54 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4Rarehunter_idolPosted 4/27/2011 12:53:58 PM
I'm really tempted, but torn about which system to buy this on... PS3 or Steam. I'm sure my computer could run it (How demanding could it be?), it's just a question of which plays and controls better i guess.

I think the price difference in the current sale is less than $2 or something, so i guess i'll wait it out and see.
---
This Body Holding Me Reminds Me Of My Own Mortality. Embrace This Moment, Remember; We Are Eternal, All This Pain Is An illusion...
#5Koelker12Posted 4/27/2011 11:22:14 PM
The original for XBLA (which is less than a year old) was a great idea and had some cool effects, but was just decent overall.

As someone who gave these guys his money for the original, I'm kinda bummed that they are releasing a "better" version for the second time and expect me to give them more money...instead of just making Episode 2.
---
http://roguereview.blogspot.com/
#6AWPCPosted 4/28/2011 5:48:03 AM
Hold off for player reviews as the 360 version was pretty poor gameplay wise it got overhyped & turned out a massive letdown the repetitive gameplay & glitchy pixel perfect precision required in places was poor but worse of all is the camera gets stuck or you cannot see properly & this happens a lot I would give the 360 version 4/10 as apart from the water FX the rest of it is dull & plays like a PS2 game from 10 years ago!
#7FreeRangersPosted 4/28/2011 7:38:09 PM
Is this the same as the XBLA game? That game was fun (yes, I know it got poor reviews, but I enjoyed it).
---
"I'm from the future and I need pants" - YDKJ
#8Rarehunter_idolPosted 4/28/2011 11:10:10 PM
Prophecy is an improved edition of the game. There's a big list of fixes here - http://www.hydrophobia-game.com/features.php

I have read the devs say that a 360 version all depends on Microsoft. I think i'm gonna pre-purchase it on Steam. I already have credit on my account and i can always hook up my PS3 controller with Motion in Joy if i don't like the controls.
---
This Body Holding Me Reminds Me Of My Own Mortality. Embrace This Moment, Remember; We Are Eternal, All This Pain Is An illusion...
#9FreeRangersPosted 4/29/2011 7:59:12 PM
I just looked at that list. Why did they recast Scoot?! His thick Scottish accent was awesome.
---
"I'm from the future and I need pants" - YDKJ
#10Jallen9000Posted 4/30/2011 1:36:23 AM
Huh, wonder why you can't get it on the 360?

Yeah the first game was a bit of a mess but if they've really improved it as much as they say then the game will be worth this small amount of money.
---
What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know.
It's what we know for sure that just ain't so.