Firsties! But seriously...

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Hydrophobia Prophecy
  3. Firsties! But seriously...
4 years ago#1
Never heard of this game before and thinking of getting it on steam, though the posts in the 360 forum don't bode well.
4 years ago#2

The one in the 360 forum is an older game.

Steam game will be 11.99, right now is 15% off preorder for $10.19. The water effects look pretty sweet.

(message deleted)
4 years ago#4
I'm really tempted, but torn about which system to buy this on... PS3 or Steam. I'm sure my computer could run it (How demanding could it be?), it's just a question of which plays and controls better i guess.

I think the price difference in the current sale is less than $2 or something, so i guess i'll wait it out and see.
---
This Body Holding Me Reminds Me Of My Own Mortality. Embrace This Moment, Remember; We Are Eternal, All This Pain Is An illusion...
4 years ago#5
The original for XBLA (which is less than a year old) was a great idea and had some cool effects, but was just decent overall.

As someone who gave these guys his money for the original, I'm kinda bummed that they are releasing a "better" version for the second time and expect me to give them more money...instead of just making Episode 2.
---
http://roguereview.blogspot.com/
4 years ago#6
Hold off for player reviews as the 360 version was pretty poor gameplay wise it got overhyped & turned out a massive letdown the repetitive gameplay & glitchy pixel perfect precision required in places was poor but worse of all is the camera gets stuck or you cannot see properly & this happens a lot I would give the 360 version 4/10 as apart from the water FX the rest of it is dull & plays like a PS2 game from 10 years ago!
4 years ago#7
Is this the same as the XBLA game? That game was fun (yes, I know it got poor reviews, but I enjoyed it).
---
"I'm from the future and I need pants" - YDKJ
4 years ago#8
Prophecy is an improved edition of the game. There's a big list of fixes here - http://www.hydrophobia-game.com/features.php

I have read the devs say that a 360 version all depends on Microsoft. I think i'm gonna pre-purchase it on Steam. I already have credit on my account and i can always hook up my PS3 controller with Motion in Joy if i don't like the controls.
---
This Body Holding Me Reminds Me Of My Own Mortality. Embrace This Moment, Remember; We Are Eternal, All This Pain Is An illusion...
4 years ago#9
I just looked at that list. Why did they recast Scoot?! His thick Scottish accent was awesome.
---
"I'm from the future and I need pants" - YDKJ
4 years ago#10
Huh, wonder why you can't get it on the 360?

Yeah the first game was a bit of a mess but if they've really improved it as much as they say then the game will be worth this small amount of money.
---
What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know.
It's what we know for sure that just ain't so.
  1. Boards
  2. Hydrophobia Prophecy
  3. Firsties! But seriously...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived