Is this game worth getting?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Need for Speed: The Run
  3. Is this game worth getting?
3 years ago#1
This game is on PSN for $30 now and I was wondering whether I should buy it?

The last few NFS I've played were Most Wanted (best racing game I've played imo), Prostreet (meh), and Hot Pursuit (not bad). Will I enjoy this game? And how long will this game entertain me for?

Thanks in advance!
---
I like this sig, and I'm sticking with it.
3 years ago#2
I finally got this game last week from gamestop for $20 because I thought it would bring back memorys of my favorite racing game all over the U.S.A which was Cruisin U.S.A, I loved that game because I love how you could race in real city's in the U.S.A and Need For Speed the run is just like it, it has stunning details, the only thing that I don't like about this game is that for every stage you have a set amount of racers you have to pass to move on, I think it would be way better if you could pass how ever many racers you want so lets say if you are still 100th by Denver, it's your own fault but you should be able to move on just as long as your #1 in New York that's all that should matter and I thought that's how this game was gonna be, but that is just a tiny flaw I have with this game,

But, even for $30 it is worth a buy, you will no doubt play this over and over, I know I will and I am still in Denver which is awesome with the snow covered roads in the Rockies. I will also say that the handling is not as good as Need For Speed Hot Pursuit but still decent to good and again that is just a tiny downside to the game
3 years ago#3
4.99 at bestbuy today
---
PSN:kropodra
put on your metal gear, prepare to take your mark ive got mad game like up up down down left right left right B A select start
3 years ago#4
8 Bestbuys in my area and all sold out, says free shipping in the email, but doesn't allow for shipping.
---
PSN - Ziaro_7
3 years ago#5
I found out at around 2am in the morning. Bought it online with free shipping plus tax. Deals like these you have to be quick before they become unavailable for shipping. Very rarely do I see them available in the local Best Buys.
---
PSN: Azsharra
3 years ago#6
The website said all stores near me were sold out. Called up anyway and they had it. Call your local store, I bet they just don't update the online status very well. Still, shouldn't have to do this kind of detective work for a sale. Also, don't put the game deals online with free shipping when it isn't and when this item isn't sold in most stores anyway.
3 years ago#7
I got free shippng online with my order....i canceled it and re ordered it to try and use my bb points and they charged and shipped me 2 copies :(
---
PSN:kropodra
put on your metal gear, prepare to take your mark ive got mad game like up up down down left right left right B A select start
3 years ago#8
I think it is a cool game .. add me if you get it
---
PS3 Maninred22
  1. Boards
  2. Need for Speed: The Run
  3. Is this game worth getting?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived