den defense help

#13z10_4udit0r3Posted 12/5/2011 1:44:20 PM
can someone describe a good tactic 4 den defense? if your den is already contested, and an apprentice becomes a master assassin, can u assign him to a contested den to save it? if u lose dens, do you lose two assassin apprentices and do you lose renovated shops in the area?
#2Bulby37Posted 12/5/2011 2:06:06 PM
3z10_4udit0r3 posted...
can someone describe a good tactic 4 den defense?
There are already a number of posts about this filled out, do a search and you'll get a lot of tactics without having to type them all over again.
if your den is already contested, and an apprentice becomes a master assassin, can u assign him to a contested den to save it?
Don't think so. If you can assign a den leader in one that is contested, then probably.if u lose dens, do you lose two assassin apprentices and do you lose renovated shops in the area?
I don't believe so on the apprentices, but I know you don't lose the shops. The income gained from the shops in the areas you don't currently hold will be reduced by 15%, and there will be 15% tax taken off of any withdrawals from a bank in an area you don't currently hold. When you take the den back, however, everything will be back to normal.
Seriously though, search "den defense strategy tactics" and read what pops up until you find something you like. It's been done to death on this board.
---
PSN: Bulby37
#33z10_4udit0r3(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2011 2:39:45 PM
no results :(
#4JagglenuttzPosted 12/5/2011 2:56:11 PM(edited)
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/628358-assassins-creed-revelations/61176367
#5kevchan1103Posted 12/5/2011 7:58:05 PM
Let them take it, then afterwards kill the captain again to take it back. It's much more easier and more fun then defending it.
#6Bulby37Posted 12/5/2011 8:04:53 PM
kevchan1103 posted...
Let them take it, then afterwards kill the captain again to take it back. It's much more easier and more fun then defending it.
Only problem is that will raise your awareness right back up to red and you'll have to go bribe some heralds and put down some witnesses. You are correct, however.
---
#7Bulby37Posted 12/5/2011 8:06:03 PM
I do have to say that the defenses with no seige engine are a lot funner than the ones with.
---
#8PwNeDbyPiKaChUPosted 12/5/2011 8:46:58 PM
Here's what I usually do and it pretty much works for about every den defense:

Spend all my starting morale on filling the forward rooftops with leaders and crossbow guys. There's usually 3 or 4 rooftops in the front and 2 near the back by your den, leave them empty for now.

SAVE your cannon strikes for the end.

As soon as you spend all your money let the match start. Continue the starting waves and keep filling the forward rooftops with crossbow guys, as soon as you've filled it all up (you can leave a few slots open if you want for rifleman later) start building barricades, build as many as you can between the front and your den, then fill the remaining spots (mostly in the back by your den) and rooftops with rifleman, and any remaining morale after that use to fill spots on your barricades, but priority is on replacing your units on your existing rooftops.

Don't put guys in your barricades until the rooftops are all or mostly full. Make sure you're participating by shooting enemies with your gun. As soon as one of those monster machines appears, use your cannon strikes. Do the individual ones, DO NOT use the the barrage where you hold down RB (or whatever button is it I don't remember). Stay focused on the machines as it will smash through your barricades quite quickly, keep shooting it until your cannon recharges. Rinse and repeat until its destroyed.

Some special notes: In some of the later den defenses there'll be enemies that can get on the rooftops and assassinate your units (including leaders!). When they appear make them a priority. Use your hidden gun to take them out quickly.

Take note at the beginning how many of each type of unit there is in that particular level. Right before it starts there should be a button prompt somewhere that lets you view all teh units in that level. This will help you anticipate the use of your units and resources and allow you to adapt accordingly. For example, if the streets are FILLED with enemies and my rooftop guys aren;t going to kill them all in time and you're nowhere close to fighting one of those machines, it may be ok to use your cannon strikes.

You also have available some air assassins units later. I never used them they didn't seem to make or break the game for me. You'll get cooler barricades, such as flamethrower ones and eventually cannon barricades. The same strategy applies with these unlocks active. Crossbow guys on forward rooftops > Build as many barricades as you can > fill remaining rooftops with rifleman > replace units as needed (take special care to replace leaders quickly if they die) and put any extra you can spare in the barricades themselves > Use your cannon judiciously.

Hope that helped. And if it matters this strategy is how I got the one achievement for den defense, the one where your den can't take any damage and you can't use the cannon, but it only works if you replay the VERY first den defense.
---
The Magic Armor in Zelda is too expensive and seldom-used....kinda like a PSP.
http://aowii.ipbfree.com/
#90xraytech0Posted 12/5/2011 11:00:09 PM
I use almost exclusively Hidden Blade Assassins because they can take out 2 enemies at a time and once you fill every spot on the roof the reload time is a non factor. Supplement them with a Cannon Barracade, Assassin leaders for moral boost and Ezio's pistol to take out range attackers.
---
Chun Li, The First Lady of Fighters
GT = THE II BUTTON
#10CaterwaulPosted 12/6/2011 8:52:17 AM
I find the roof that when placing one Assassin Leader allows me to place the most groups of units. Usually aiming at 4 groups of 3, if possible. Then I just put Riflemen, and that's it.

When there are a lot of enemies, I drop a barricade and upgrade immediately (so that it has more health), and then shoot a cannon at it to kill all of them.

The only thing you have to be mindful of is, as with all strategies, watch your roofs for Stalkers and shoot them down with your gun, and if there's Riflemen shooting on the streets, they can be behind buildings, and just fire a cannon at that.

I typically have 70+ morale at all times, just 'cause I don't put that many units on the screen such that I can't keep track of them.