How essential is AC: Brotherhood and Revelations to the storyline?

#1Maximum OverdrivePosted 12/13/2011 1:22:45 AM
I've played AC1 and 2 but never got around to playing Brotherhood or Revelations because I assumed that they were just side stories. However, I watched the Qore interview about Revelations and apparently these stories are crucial to the plotline and apparently tie up all loose ends?

Also, is it true that
((((possible spoilers))))
This is the end of Desmond's story?
((((End possible spoilers))))

At least that's what was said in Qore. What about AC3? Will there be one?

---
---
Resistance: Fall of Man username: [AM>]Shadow_Angel
MGO username: [PED] SHADOW ANGEL
#2Unknown_OrigenPosted 12/13/2011 1:33:01 AM
Ezio's not Desmond's. Brotherhood really took me by surprise and revelations as well. Some people consider these games unnecessary filler but that doesn't give it justice. Two big questions are answered in these games, what happened to the assassins? And, how is Altair's life woven into this story?
---
PSN: ashersdomain
-Often the most creative ideas are the simplest ones.
#3BillysanPosted 12/13/2011 2:51:08 AM
They both are pretty important you would get lost if you play AC3 with out playing them. Honestly though a lot of it is filler I mean you could just watch the endings.

But Revelations does have some nice stuff with Ezio and Altair. Although I found brotherhood to be the better GAME.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291 360 Live: Billy Saltzman
#4SonicSPPosted 12/13/2011 12:05:30 PM
Brotherhood had the best real world connection in my opinion, since we got a decent amount of time controlling Desmond. They do have some important points though.

I probably don't think they're side story level though even if I think Revelations' main storyline is subpar at best.

And no Desmond's story hasn't ended and we have another AC coming out in 2012.
---
Crush 40 Rules!!!
#5ChaoticKnucklesPosted 12/14/2011 2:24:20 PM
Important things happen in both ACB and ACR, for Ezio and Desmond, so yes they are definitely a part of the main story and not filler. That being said, with YouTube you can always watch all the storyline portions of both games for free if you don't want to actually play them.
#6sirgregmacPosted 12/14/2011 9:47:04 PM
Unless you work for Ubisoft you really can't say whether AC:B or AC:R are relevant to AC3, as none of us know the plot, however I would assume they'll make references to it somehow. They are both fun games and play like the previous one in the series. While I haven't finished AC:R I would say that AC:B is my favorite so far and that's saying a lot as I'm not a fan of italy or most italians.