More Game Informer Deets

#31Scorpion1813Posted 5/11/2011 7:34:50 AM
The Apple only effects the mind. Creating illusions and giving knowledge. The only thing we know of that can heal/regenerate is the Shroud, and it's implied by Juno that it does NOT give the power of immortality.... although not for a lack of trying.
#32bebop013Posted 5/11/2011 11:28:28 AM

DuaIFace posted...

The whole scar thing, and all three characters looking like a genetic clone, literally and figuratively is a pretty sweet idea.

I mean, could you IMAGINE? What if this is what the Apple did to Altair!? Made him immortal? And for whatever reasons, various times in his life, he assumes a new name/place/persona for the sake of the Assassin's, creating more Assassins he travels (Fight Club anyone?), and only until recently (Assassin's Creed 1), Abstergo gets a hold of him, wiped his short-term memory, has been putting him in the Animus, in order to find all the other POEs, using his genetic code as a giant-ass search engine (Google! LOL)

And then, what if when we finally get AC3/III, yeah---we find out that Desmond is actually Ezio, Altair. Start game. HOLY!

I'm tripping out right now.

First, i have to highlight every one of your posts just to read it.

Second, we see Ezio born and see him get the scar, so them all being Altair doesn't work, unless reincarnation and as Scorpion pointed out that doesn't really make sense either.

#33DuaIFacePosted 5/11/2011 7:05:13 PM

bebop013 posted...
First, i have to highlight every one of your posts just to read it.

Forum preferences. Don't complain.

bebop013 posted...
Second, we see Ezio born and see him get the scar, so them all being Altair doesn't work, unless reincarnation and as Scorpion pointed out that doesn't really make sense either.

I know I was having a fun theory by myself over hear in the corner and then blurted it out at everyone, but my theory is still plausible. Remember: "Nothing Is True. Everything Is Permitted."

LOL.

#34xslimjimmxPosted 5/11/2011 7:28:04 PM
You prefer having people skip your posts?
#35shani_boy101Posted 5/14/2011 2:46:24 AM
After reading the article I am EXTREMELY interested in this game, it sounds like it's going to be much more than Brotherhood ever was. The inception-like stuff with Desmond and the black room is especially intriguing.
#36SpecialActionPosted 5/14/2011 6:40:57 AM
I have thought about the possibility that Altair, Ezio, and Desmond might be the same person continuously reincarnated. It seems quite possible although it is hard to judge how likely this proposition is to be true.

The bit that Altair writes on the codex about whether it might be possible to extend his lifespan is indeed intriguing regardless of whether anything actually came of perhaps making one last use of the Apple in such a manner. So far, though, it doesn't look like he ended up surviving beyond a natural lifespan. Still, there might be something...strange waiting somewhere to emerge, even if it has nothing to do with reincarnation or immortality.
#37SpecialActionPosted 5/14/2011 6:46:05 AM
The stuff about Masyaf sound so very good. It will also be very interesting to see precisely what the Templar plan in the Ottoman Empire might consist of. In AC: BH it kind of looked like the Templars, especially Cesare, were planning to reduce the importance of controlling religious institutions while placing a higher priority on other facets of society.