Combat difficulty

#1idunnodudePosted 6/28/2011 9:09:05 AM

im really excited for this game and its my favourite series this gen. i have all 3 games and enjoyed all of them. but the one thing i think these gamesare lacking is the difficulty in combat. im pretty sure im not alone when i say that the fighting in this game is too easy. the controls are great and work really good in combat, but its just too easy.

most of the time when u need to lose ur notoriety, ur encouraged to run away and find a hiding place whether it bea hay stack or whatever, but instead u can just easily kill all the dudes chasing u to lose ur notoriety. i think it will encourage players to be more stealth and sneaky if the difficulty was increased, as it should cuz u are an assassin afterall.

ive seen the trailer and demo and this game looks awesome and all, but the short fighting part of the demo seemed like its pretty much the same difficulty as the other games, if not easier. but it was just a short part so who knows. what do u guys think? do u think they will make fighting harder in this game?

#2bobbyrkPosted 6/28/2011 10:29:08 AM
The first game's combat was a lot more difficult than its successors.
---
Yoda of Borg are we: Futile is resistance. Assimilate you, we will.
#3z_cherubPosted 6/28/2011 10:43:06 AM
Agreed. Keep the combo chains because they're great - but maybe put a limit to how many kills you can chain together (5 is plenty). Add more aggressive & cooperative AI & we may be in business.
#4metallica1fanPosted 6/28/2011 12:35:03 PM
z_cherub posted...
Agreed. Keep the combo chains because they're great - but maybe put a limit to how many kills you can chain together (5 is plenty). Add more aggressive & cooperative AI & we may be in business.

Actually, the cap limit on the execution streak idea sounds interesting...
---
L.A. Noire, LotR: War in the North, Assassin's Creed: Revelations, Grand Theft Auto 5
#5JeruchoPosted 6/28/2011 4:53:12 PM

The AI has never been aggressive. I've always felt like I was waiting for someone to make a move, then right when I'm starting to get all kinds of chain kills the lowest level guard would hit me with his sword, then it'd start all over again.

#6c0sa n0straPosted 6/30/2011 12:25:35 AM
Jerucho posted...
The AI has never been aggressive. I've always felt like I was waiting for someone to make a move, then right when I'm starting to get all kinds of chain kills the lowest level guard would hit me with his sword, then it'd start all over again.

You can counter in the middle of the chain and keep it going.
---
Cataclysm's going to bring Tauren Retribution Paladins named Retbull who cast Avenging Wrath while shouting "RETBULL GIVES YOU WINGS!". IcelordZakal
#7JeruchoPosted 6/30/2011 11:52:09 AM

c0sa n0stra posted...
Jerucho posted...

You can counter in the middle of the chain and keep it going.
---

I know, but at times they're so close and it's fast enough to where I couldn't react in time.