what is the "true" meaning of the Assassin's Creed?

#1CharliesixPosted 12/13/2011 6:48:15 PM
AC Wikia says that Ezio reveals the "true meaning" of the Creed. What is it?
Also, were any details given as to why Desmond killed Lucy? Wikia doesn't really say

Why is the story or ending of Revelations considered so bad? What happens?

I'm not too interested in playing this game but I do find the story fascinating.
---
I play League of Legends too much.
#2Black_LilianaPosted 12/13/2011 6:53:01 PM
It's a filler plot with no actual advancement.
#3Charliesix(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2011 6:55:45 PM
seriously? Jeez :(

So on Wikia, it says:
" Ezio decides to leave the Apple in the library. He then begins speaking directly to Desmond, telling of his intention to finally retire from the life of an Assassin, believing that he has served his purpose. He expresses his hope that Desmond will be able to find the answers to the questions that he and Alta´r had suffered so much to uncover. "

So um.. what questions did Altair and Ezio uncover?? Any ??
---
I play League of Legends too much.
#4XFatePosted 12/13/2011 7:01:27 PM
The "true" meaning is explained by Ezio at the end of the game. He states "it is an observation of the nature of reality. To say, 'nothing is true', is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile, and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say, 'everything is permitted', is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
---
Jun
#5rhb263Posted 12/13/2011 8:45:26 PM
Black_Liliana posted...
It's a filler plot with no actual advancement.

Someone missed the subtlies...

It wasn't massive, but it wasn't nothing.
---
MH IGN: Xandria - EU servers: Most other games, some form of "Kael": If you know me, hey. If not, meh
#6GamingGuru1992Posted 12/14/2011 12:24:59 AM
There is no "true" meaning.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted
---
PSN: GamingGuru1992
(UK gamer)
#7acealexander702Posted 12/14/2011 4:53:19 AM
GamingGuru1992 posted...
There is no "true" meaning.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted

good on ya :D
---
PSN ID: Ace2540
#8stoopidoofus25Posted 12/14/2011 2:24:14 PM
The meaning Ezio gave is kinda vague. Anyway, nothing is true means don't believe everything people tell you and take it all with a grain of salt. For example, how do we know George Washington really led the soldiers in the American Revolution besides what our history books tell us without having seen it for ourselves? Or how do we know that Osama Bin Laden is really dead besides what the government tells us? I'm not trying to turn this into a conspiracy thread, but those are just some examples. Everything is permitted means that we as humans are responsible for our own actions despite what the law regulates. The law can't entirely stop us from doing what is deemed illegal or immoral; that is why we still see people committing murder, robberies and such on the news, despite the fact that it's illegal.
#9rhb263Posted 12/14/2011 2:29:55 PM
stoopidoofus25 posted...
The meaning Ezio gave is kinda vague. Anyway, nothing is true means don't believe everything people tell you and take it all with a grain of salt. For example, how do we know George Washington really led the soldiers in the American Revolution besides what our history books tell us without having seen it for ourselves? Or how do we know that Osama Bin Laden is really dead besides what the government tells us? I'm not trying to turn this into a conspiracy thread, but those are just some examples. Everything is permitted means that we as humans are responsible for our own actions despite what the law regulates. The law can't entirely stop us from doing what is deemed illegal or immoral; that is why we still see people committing murder, robberies and such on the news, despite the fact that it's illegal.

You basically just paraphrased Ezio's response...
---
MH IGN: Xandria - EU servers: Most other games, some form of "Kael": If you know me, hey. If not, meh
#10stoopidoofus25Posted 12/14/2011 2:59:52 PM
Don't you think my explanation is just a bit easier to understand than "it is an observation of the nature of reality. To say, 'nothing is true', is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile, and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization"? When Ezio said that to Sophia, even I was like, "What does that even mean?"