Uplay passport code?

#1AznBoi45654Posted 11/28/2011 10:18:00 AM
What exactly is the Uplay Passport Code sheet thing? I got it with the game and I'm pretty sure everyone else did. I already had a Ubisoft account from AC2 so does that mean I won't need this? I also don't know how to use it. It says you will be prompted when you first start the game to enter the code but that never happened to me. It also says you can always activate the Uplay Passport later via the Main Menu by selecting EXTRAS, then UPLAY PASSPORT but I can't find that in the EXTRAS section.
---
GT: AnThOnY45654
#2BriSawPosted 11/28/2011 11:05:41 AM
I think it's basically an online pass, since it says it gives unlimited access to the online multiplayer. As for the content and such, It could be referring to the extra stuff you get from UPlay, like the rewards and stuff.

It could also mean the animus updates like we got with the last game. Again, not too sure, since I redeemed the code before I even popped the disk in the drive.
---
Gamertag: BeastOfTheDark
#3Typhon66Posted 11/28/2011 11:07:07 AM
AznBoi45654 posted...
What exactly is the Uplay Passport Code sheet thing? I got it with the game and I'm pretty sure everyone else did. I already had a Ubisoft account from AC2 so does that mean I won't need this? I also don't know how to use it. It says you will be prompted when you first start the game to enter the code but that never happened to me. It also says you can always activate the Uplay Passport later via the Main Menu by selecting EXTRAS, then UPLAY PASSPORT but I can't find that in the EXTRAS section.

Ever hear of project $10?
#4_Rushdown_Posted 11/28/2011 11:09:14 AM
It's a way for sheisty developers to still make money off of used games.
---
http://gamercards.playfire.com/_/xbox/403153/0/default.png
#5tony8669Posted 11/28/2011 4:26:42 PM
_Rushdown_ posted...
It's a way for sheisty developers to still make money off of used games.

This.

However, if it is, as they claim, for a UPlay multiplayer account, does that mean you won't have to use the code for AC3?
#6ShadonicPosted 11/29/2011 5:25:53 AM
you need the code as it attaches to your acc per game.. your brothehood uplay code won't allow you to play revelations for free, else what would be the point of it.

it's annoying the way they're going about it, but eh.
---
When i think of something interesting / smart i'll put it here
#7BriSawPosted 11/29/2011 5:28:35 AM
Shadonic0 posted...
you need the code as it attaches to your acc per game.. your brothehood uplay code won't allow you to play revelations for free, else what would be the point of it.

it's annoying the way they're going about it, but eh.

That's weird, I never got a brotherhood Uplay code and I'm sitll playing the MP every once in a while (I go back to try and hit 50 for the achievement in that game).
---
Gamertag: BeastOfTheDark
#8r3zid3ntxPosted 11/29/2011 5:40:26 AM
Hmm, I can sell my code... don't use the MP in that game anyway.
Project 10$ for my pocket. ;-)