Is Ubisoft too cheap to pay Kristen Bell? [spoilers]

#1th3warr1orPosted 11/17/2011 11:02:15 AM
Is that why Lucy is dead? Cause TV shows kill off characters randomly when the actor wants out.
---
I am Thor Odinson of the Vikings, giant. I am not the god of reason and understanding. I am the god of Thunder and Lightning!
#2BingSanpaoPosted 11/17/2011 11:35:28 AM(edited)
Your guess is as good as mine but Ubi refused to pay M. Ironside for the last Splinter Cell.
#3ActionPosted 11/17/2011 12:01:40 PM
th3warr1or posted...
Is that why Lucy is dead? Cause TV shows kill off characters randomly when the actor wants out.

I love how contradictory this is.

>VA doesn't want job anymore and quits
>Company kills off character
>it's the company's fault, they didn't pay her enough
---
I got a fan installed in my grill, no lie
I'm gonna blow your ass straight off the map. Goodbye.
#4jalthiPosted 11/17/2011 12:36:21 PM
Dunno who was the driving force behind it, KB or Ubi. Sad part is, the storyline is changed almost assuredly because of real-world voice acting issues/contracts.
#5th3warr1or(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2011 12:57:56 PM
Action posted...
th3warr1or posted...

I love how contradictory this is.

>VA doesn't want job anymore and quits
>Company kills off character
>it's the company's fault, they didn't pay her enough

Not contradictory, you understood this wrongly.

Voice actor wants out BECAUSE studio doesn't wanna keep paying. Usually that's the case. It's either creative difference, or money. In most cameos, it's never a creative difference because the celeb was cool with being in the game/movie/show in the first place and probably never had a say in terms of gameplay or story.

They didn't even have Lucy's voice at all in a flashback or memory, which makes me believe that it's because Kristen Bell refused to voice her anymore for some reason.

Same goes with Rosa's voice actress, although that's because she's dead. That's why Rosa stopped appearing.
---
I am Thor Odinson of the Vikings, giant. I am not the god of reason and understanding. I am the god of Thunder and Lightning!
#6001011000101101Posted 11/17/2011 1:20:07 PM

She died in the last game?! Do you want her to talk to you from the grave or what? She's DEAD...

#7Ikari GendoPosted 11/17/2011 1:41:20 PM
Same goes with Rosa's voice actress, although that's because she's dead. That's why Rosa stopped appearing.

Wow I didn't know that. I guess she was in a coma for awhile after a car accident. S*** sucks, and I think Ubisoft should have announced something about it to pay respect.
#8th3warr1or(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2011 3:26:09 PM
001011000101101 posted...
She died in the last game?! Do you want her to talk to you from the grave or what? She's DEAD...

Altair has been dead since 2007. Your point? If they wanted to put her in, they would've found a way.

Where the hell did Bill come from anyway?
---
#9ScratchcrotchPosted 11/17/2011 3:58:20 PM
Your mistake is assuming Kristen Bell is expensive. She'll give you a handy J for as much as she gets paid for VO work.
#10TheHood33Posted 11/17/2011 5:24:30 PM
"Your guess is as good as mine but Ubi refused to pay M. Ironside for the last Splinter Cell."

Right. Which is then why he did press about the game, talked it up, and starred in the game itself. He was paid, you are misinformed.
---
You know what, there's a ton of lore on unicorns too. In fact, I hear that they ride on silver moonbeams, and that they shoot rainbows out of their ass