I haven't played any of the Assassin's Creed's.

#1Kous52Posted 4/28/2012 7:31:05 PM
Should I start with the first one to know the story? Do they all follow the same story? I randomly wanna play this series all of a sudden. I heard it was very good. So should I start from Assassin's Creed 1 and move up to Revelations? Thanks!
---
3DS FC: 1504-5689-5544
Pokemon Pearl FC: 1077-4850-9419
#2matt2d2007Posted 4/28/2012 9:08:22 PM
some will say skip ac1. but i say play them in order 1,2,brotherhood and then revelations. but don't skip right to revelations.
#3bobbyrkPosted 4/28/2012 9:20:14 PM
There's actually several stories to the series, but there is one main one that's been building since the first game.

Unfortunately, the first game is... very repetitive. The story is great (and it has arguably the best villains and atmosphere of the series), but the repetition leaves a lot to be desired; some people think of it as almost a beta test for the series.

The next three games (AC2, Brotherhood, Revelations) are their own trilogy within the series. AC2 has a sort of "here's what's happened so far" segment at the beginning, but it isn't perfect by any means.

AC2 is an acceptable place to start because of the above, but I wouldn't start at any point past that.
---
Behold the angry wizard putt-putt-putting away.
#4Tom_the_DolfinPosted 4/29/2012 11:19:58 PM
I started at one but never finished it. If you get like half way through the first one, then the recap at the start of two should pretty much get you up to date on all you need to know for the rest series. But AC1 is very repetitive and after the fourth or fifth assassination, you start to get tired of it. If you can finish it, great; I saw the end on youtube and it was really badass, but if you can't then just head straight to AC2 from where you stopped. But by all means, don't start any later than 2.
---
"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -Plato
#5SkippyjonJones1Posted 4/30/2012 10:10:28 AM
If I were you I'd just read the wiki on the first game. I had to force myself to play through the first one. This series has one of the best stories IMO.

On another note, I foolishly told my brother to start with the first game and he got sick of it and wont even give Assassin's Creed II a chance. Don't let this happen to you!!!
#6BigJohnWV04Posted 4/30/2012 12:34:22 PM
I never did play the first, always meant to but never did, kinda glad I didn't seeing how many people thought of it as repetitive. 100% AC II, never could get into Brotherhood, especially the multiplayer but got into Revelations and love it's multiplayer (well most of the time). I'm stoked for AC III.
---
HEY!!!! You're talking to my guy all wrong, it's the wrong tone. Do it again...I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron.
#7NaviknowsallPosted 5/5/2012 2:33:24 PM

I don't get why no one will back the first game. I think it is the most atmospheric out of the whole series, and the build to the assassinations was awesome. The cities were also the largest and funnest to explore out of all the AC games, or at least the seemed to be bigger than the newer ones. The first game was mostly realistic, while the later games did some pretty stupid things to try and make it more action packed.

I say start from the beggining.

#8TheDawnRiderPosted 5/5/2012 11:28:31 PM
I don't get why no one will back the first game. I think it is the most atmospheric out of the whole series,

I agree. Sure its repetitive which has been pointed out thousands of times already...But the atmosphere and story are great.
#9AntiH3ro97Posted 5/6/2012 1:56:45 PM
I thought the art direction in the first game was boring and the cities to be monochromatic.
---
Go to the meat market down the street, when all you want to do is watch each other sleep.
#10Aegis_RunestonePosted 5/6/2012 6:57:17 PM
I liked AC1. I think it's worth a shot.
---
"I hate these awkward moments..." - Ezio Auditore, taunting an enemy.
"How can I regret the only life I've known?" - Altair Ibn-La'Ahad