FINALLY english announcement....thanks atlus :D :D :D

#11Celine10Posted 1/22/2012 7:54:52 AM
Day one. I waited so long to play this game, I love Growlanser and 4 is apparently the best entry ^__^

Neo_Sarevok posted...
Why would it cost them money to put Japanese voices in the game if the Japanese voices are already in the game to begin with!?! Licensing issues? Whatever. This game isn't getting my money without the voice actors because a non-voiced game is not the way the original developers intended for the game to be played.So as usual, the homebrew community is going to have to patch in the voices. Ridiculous.

Growlanser 4 OR had a MASSIVE amount of voiced dialogues, and they had to be licensed separately from the game (apparently, the dub's licence costed more than the licence to the game itself....).

Considering how risky it is to put out a PSP jrpg in 2012, how niche Growlanser is and how huge the script they have to translate, can you really blame them for not wanting to lose a huge amount of money? It's either this or never getting the game.
#12CloudXentarPosted 1/22/2012 8:17:53 AM

Neo_Sarevok posted...

Why would it cost them money to put Japanese voices in the game if the Japanese voices are already in the game to begin with!?! Licensing issues? Whatever. This game isn't getting my money without the voice actors because a non-voiced game is not the way the original developers intended for the game to be played.

So as usual, the homebrew community is going to have to patch in the voices. Ridiculous.

What an idiotic way of thinking. Atlus tried to get a licence for Japanese voices but they gave up on it as it would cost them too much. And investing money in almost dead western PSP libary (read: too pirated) is a risky job already. So yes, I'm grateful that they are bringing this in any kind of state, then not bringing it at all.

And the Undub version will soon arrive anyway. If you're gonna pirate it, you might as well buy the original game to support the company. In that way, everyone is a winner. But of course, if people were smart to do that already, then we wouldn't be console empty in a first place...

#13Rebel40000Posted 1/22/2012 4:17:55 PM
Neo_Sarevok posted...
Why would it cost them money to put Japanese voices in the game if the Japanese voices are already in the game to begin with!?! Licensing issues? Whatever. This game isn't getting my money without the voice actors because a non-voiced game is not the way the original developers intended for the game to be played.So as usual, the homebrew community is going to have to patch in the voices. Ridiculous.

By that simple word alone goes to show how little you truly understand what you are even talking about. Go ahead and don't buy the game, then. Just don't whine when we never get another Growlanser game officially in English.
---
None of us have any idea of what we are talking about.
#14bodrockPosted 1/22/2012 10:00:27 PM
Neo_Sarevok posted...

Any excuse to not support localization, I guess. <_<
---
GAME-ON://DEADLY.PREMONITION/FATE.EXTRA/SKYRIM
#15yukitoPosted 1/23/2012 10:07:46 PM
And the game is 30 ****ing dollars. That's 10 cheaper than I thought it would be.
Some people will indeed make all the excuses they can to not support something with their cash.
---
http://spicycake.tumblr.com/
-Yusketeers
#16zavlinzPosted 1/24/2012 10:52:52 AM
Neo_Sarevok posted...

lol what a terrible thing to say. This game is huge, and its a huge financial risk for atlus to be localizing it at all. Im sure this was on the brink of not happening at all.
Also, it will have voice acting in english, just not the same gigantic amount, because that would cost a fortune in the us market.
#17SkaldskaparmalPosted 1/24/2012 11:31:12 AM
Neo_Sarevok posted...
Why would it cost them money to put Japanese voices in the game if the Japanese voices are already in the game to begin with!?! Licensing issues? Whatever. This game isn't getting my money

In other words, "I'm not supporting this solely because of things I clearly don't comprehend."
#18Cashino0Posted 1/25/2012 11:31:01 PM
And I just remembered something about the voices:

The volume for the voices were really low compared to the BGM. As in, the BGM would frequently drown out the voices. And there were no volume controls at all.
#19t260sagaPosted 1/26/2012 1:29:35 AM(edited)
Neo_Sarevok posted...

The homebrew community always had problem when voices are taken out. See Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume and Tales of Legenia. They weren't able to add the voice back
#20Yandy_KusanagiPosted 1/26/2012 6:25:04 AM
Cashino0 posted...
And I just remembered something about the voices:

The volume for the voices were really low compared to the BGM. As in, the BGM would frequently drown out the voices. And there were no volume controls at all.

Yeah, that's one probllem that I find annoying about this game. I'm using my earphones to solve this problem though.

t260saga posted...
The homebrew community always had problem when voices are taken out. See Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume and Tales of Legenia. They weren't able to add the voice back

Or maybe, do it just like they did with Harvest Moon: Hero of Leaf Valley, by editing (patching) the Japanese version texts with the English ones. Oh yea, someone was succeed in "activating" the voice overs for the skits in Tales of the Abyss.
---
"Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separates us."