whats the difficulty of this game like?

#1JRPGPosted 2/14/2012 2:26:53 AM
How does the game rank in difficulty for bosses and enemies compared to mkst other rpgs?
---
3DS Friend code: 2621-2720-6163 Joerpg Australia Pokemon Platinum Friend Code Aussie Joe - 0002 0429 8655
#2cj_iwakuraPosted 2/14/2012 9:33:25 AM
It's more difficulty based around clearing mission objectives in a set amount of time without losing NPCs or innocents, if it's anything like II & III.

In short, frustrating, not hard.
---
"I will not betray my countrymen!" "Then you shall die as one of them!" - Growlanser 2, The Sense of Justice
PSN: cj_iwakura
#3kratoscar2008Posted 2/14/2012 4:06:46 PM
Is the most difficult Growlanser ever for some reasons:

As CJ Iwakura stated you have a set amount of time to get mission complete if not then you gain mission clear for fullfiling the objectives (eje: saved all civillians).

The magic here is a pain in the ass if you have played the other Growlansers then you know that magic is not that strong while in Grow 4 two Lv3 spells can kill all your party.

The missions difficulty is based in more like in what abilities you learn rather than your level.

Some Bosses are really annoying like one that use a deadly cloud to restore his Hp while damaging your party and at the same time casting a Hp Critical magic that let your party nearly dead.

Some enemies dont need to cooperate with others to cast high level magics so two enemies by their own can kill you really fast.

Is not difficult impossible is difficult challenging so dont let the chance to own this game slip.
#4Cashino0Posted 2/14/2012 4:31:31 PM
kratoscar2008 posted...
Is the most difficult Growlanser ever for some reasons

However, it should be noted that, as a Growlanser game, you can snap the game's difficulty in half if you know what to do.
#5kratoscar2008Posted 2/14/2012 4:51:02 PM
Cashino0 posted...
kratoscar2008 posted...

However, it should be noted that, as a Growlanser game, you can snap the game's difficulty in half if you know what to do.

well i used Magic Shell for most fights (A magic that nullfies magic attacks) and i didnt know japanese so i didnt have a good gem set up but still i remember it took me forever to kill Rudvich and Achiel.
#6JRPG(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2012 3:47:11 AM
I love annoying bosses so this game sounds like what I'm looking for :P I loved arc rise fantasia which had crazy bosses.
---
3DS Friend code: 2621-2720-6163 Joerpg Australia Pokemon Platinum Friend Code Aussie Joe - 0002 0429 8655
#7cj_iwakuraPosted 2/15/2012 10:04:30 AM
Cashino0 posted...
kratoscar2008 posted...

I'm guessing you mean by abusing Cycle Up and the buff spells?

And magic is very useful in II and III. It'll drop some enemies in one shot, if charged enough.Though you usually need lower tier magic, oddly enough. Higher rank spells are often useless, aside from the wide range of some of them.
---
"I will not betray my countrymen!" "Then you shall die as one of them!" - Growlanser 2, The Sense of Justice
PSN: cj_iwakura
#8kratoscar2008Posted 2/15/2012 10:20:49 AM
JRPG posted...
I love annoying bosses so this game sounds like what I'm looking for :P I loved arc rise fantasia which had crazy bosses.

You will be pleased but do note that most bosses in this game are easy to kill but have a great amount of Back up.
#9Cashino0Posted 2/15/2012 3:00:20 PM(edited)
cj_iwakura posted...
I'm guessing you mean by abusing Cycle Up and the buff spells?

I'm actually referring to stuff like being able to get the best ring in the game by about the half way point, then using ring duplication so you can equip said ring on everyone. There is a gem that allows ring (and gem) duplication; no hacks or glitches involved.

Same place that you can do this is also a good grinding location.

There is also a series of gems which multiplies the effects of all passive skills a character has. It is obscenely broken if a character has a lot of passive skills maxed out.
#10daveydsurveysPosted 2/20/2012 4:11:08 PM
Well, the nice thing about RPGs is the player can sort of adjust the difficulty as you see fit. If you find battles too tough you can grind like crazy until you're a high level / can afford the best equipment. If you love a challenge then you can try to get through with minimal grinding.