Familiar 1 vs Familiar 2 *spoilers*

#1filanimetorPosted 8/4/2012 8:45:05 AM
I was reading the faq when I saw that your familiar will eventualy die during the course of the game...you will then get a new one.
The faq say you can actualy get to revive her if you are mean enough to your second familiar...
Upon reading that I decided to get my first familiar revived instead...
Anyways, reach the point where my familiar died, got a new one and chose mean answers in the conversations...I was really sorry for her even though she was trying her best to meet everyone's expectations...
---
Video games ruined my life.
Good thing I have two extra lives. XD
#2filanimetor(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2012 8:48:02 AM
But it broke my heart when she took the crystal off from crevs pocket...flew to the room and sacrificed herself for my first familiar...
Now I missed her T^T
---
Video games ruined my life.
Good thing I have two extra lives. XD
#3VertaniusPosted 8/4/2012 8:56:41 AM
I feel terrible just from reading that, I can't imagine what I'd feel if I actually did that...
#4MoliviousPosted 8/4/2012 9:00:30 AM
kekeke. this the first time i've ever had fun with being mean with everyone. The dialogues are just epic. Sure, they're not grand like the scripts of famous titles out there, but at least we get to choose our own personality, and see how the world around us is affected by it. It is quite--no, actually, very rare for games in this genre to have such detail and involvement of personality.

Just for consistency, as i was being "mean" to my first familiar, i decided not to revive her XD time to start off goody good with our second candidate, then make her regret not taking the crystal. trolololol
---
"You could easily teach yourself if you observe the world closely." - Elise, Gungnir.
^ sig
#5amc9988Posted 8/4/2012 9:27:52 AM
Well, my familiar didn't die because I alter her fate, but I guess I'll let her die in a new game+, heck I'll let everyone that I save to die in my new game+!! Btw that sound sad... I feel sorry for the second familiar just from reading your post... how could you do that to her meanie =P
---
Beware of the trolls, always bring Troll Spray with you.
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c395/Caitgee/Web/258Troll_spray-1-1.jpg
#6JRPGPosted 8/6/2012 1:22:37 AM
With the new familiar do you keep all your previous familiars skills etc?
---
3DS: 2621-2720-6163 Yuri: "Whoa! Lady, I can see your...
Alluring Spy: "I hope you got a good look, sonny boy. Just think of it as my apology."
#7suchiuomizuPosted 8/6/2012 12:19:19 PM
JRPG posted...
With the new familiar do you keep all your previous familiars skills etc?

Yes.
#8nagisa_kaworuPosted 8/6/2012 2:28:55 PM
This game is nice and all gameplay-wise, but i dislike games with mindless characters that you have to shape. Crevanille is a void cardboard box in which the player must put his ideal self. It's childish and cheap, sparing the time to the developers to create an active main character (he only gets to talk when you have to pick a choice, and most of the time the familiar talks in his stead) and granting to narcissistic players the possibility to better empathize with the MC. Game industry knows how to take advantage of the delusions of the average frustrated gamer.
#9SpacePirateKhanPosted 8/6/2012 10:30:03 PM
nagisa_kaworu posted...
This game is nice and all gameplay-wise, but i dislike games with mindless characters that you have to shape. Crevanille is a void cardboard box in which the player must put his ideal self. It's childish and cheap, sparing the time to the developers to create an active main character (he only gets to talk when you have to pick a choice, and most of the time the familiar talks in his stead) and granting to narcissistic players the possibility to better empathize with the MC. Game industry knows how to take advantage of the delusions of the average frustrated gamer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1705O_VI-U
---
"The best things in life must be taken by force!"
~Captain Khan
#10kratoscar2008Posted 8/6/2012 10:37:50 PM
nagisa_kaworu posted...

Sorry but i would take a silent protagonist like Crevanille 1000 times over Whiny emo kids mC that plague 90% of jrpgs, they are to create that the ilussion that you are the character and it works, games like Persona and Growlnaser has best cast than most Jrpgs and if you think that in this case ATLUS is lazy for not creating a main "Character" then you are delusional.