Somebody fixed this game

#41hebert23Posted 8/7/2012 3:28:56 AM
Zeonsilt10 posted...
will someone create a hybrid version with japanese dialogues audio and english anime cutscenes? i hear it can be done...

That could motivate me to restart my playthrough, yes. I wonder if it's something easy or if there's a lot of work involved, though.
#42FScellPosted 8/7/2012 4:37:32 AM(edited)
How easy it is varies a lot by game. Sometimes it's just a simple matter of swapping files and reassembling.

From what I understand in his NFO, this one was not a particularly easy project to work on.

So, for someone completely uninitiated in the putting things from my computer to my PSP and the patching thereof, can I get any assistance on how it would be done? There's no real guide with the patch and most things I can read on the subject are kind of hard to decipher for me

Well if you don't have custom firmware you'd best start with extensive guides on that and pay very close attention. Don't cut corners.
---
What can change the nature of a man?
#43MoliviousPosted 8/7/2012 6:11:21 AM
i'd suggest having a bit of knowledge with romhacking and hex editing, at the least. it's required to get you through the main parts.
either that, or ask someone else to make geeky tools for you.
---
"You could easily teach yourself if you observe the world closely." - Elise, Gungnir.
^ sig
#44Mystery_OriginPosted 8/7/2012 6:52:36 AM
Japanese voice sounds about 90% rubbish to me. Ideally I'd prefer something like 65%, but learning that language hasn't been going well. Its actually better that it sounds mostly rubbish. On average, games like this tend to have lines that sound horribly lame when spoken in English. Not because the dialogue is lame, it just sounds very unnatural when spoken out loud.

Back to the point I actually care about... no one have any idea how to solve my save data problem?
---
(Rogue Galaxy Board) shiva: Oh lol. Then you're the most dedicated troll ever on a board xD
#45truesper2(Topic Creator)Posted 8/7/2012 8:42:53 AM
Mystery_Origin posted...
Back to the point I actually care about... no one have any idea how to solve my save data problem?

Sorry I am not an expert in such things. My old game loaded ok in the undub, but then I restarted to hear all the voices I missed.
#46MoliviousPosted 8/7/2012 8:45:08 AM(edited)
Mystery_Origin posted...

you ignored my post right under that post.
i already had the most possible solution to your problem
---
"You could easily teach yourself if you observe the world closely." - Elise, Gungnir.
^ sig
#47Mystery_OriginPosted 8/7/2012 9:06:43 AM
Molivious posted...
Mystery_Origin posted...

you ignored my post right under that post.
i already had the most possible solution to your problem

If you are talking about the one that says 'google savegamedeemer', I replied to that by saying the problems I had with savegame deemer.

If you are saying you posted something after that second post, I can't see it. The next post after it was KaelAltreul complained about JP voice.
---
(Rogue Galaxy Board) shiva: Oh lol. Then you're the most dedicated troll ever on a board xD
#48truesper2(Topic Creator)Posted 8/9/2012 5:50:58 PM
Mystery_Origin posted...

Maybe you fixed your problem already, but if not .. my friend just used MagicSave 3.62a to migrate his save from an older CFW (said corrupted). Maybe it will work for you. He had to use the *japanese* version of the plugin for some reason though, the english one didn't work.

GL4 sure is great with voices. :)
#49Lock_PickerPosted 8/9/2012 6:35:56 PM
TC
What do you mean by the game is fixed?
#50Solar1214Posted 8/9/2012 6:47:42 PM
Lock_Picker posted...
TC
What do you mean by the game is fixed?

Read the topic, lazy.