Does this game get better?

#1Wandering__HeroPosted 9/10/2012 3:42:26 AM
So far I'm finding the story very cliche, the characters boring (though I only have Remus and Vallery, but I didn't find the earlier people intresting, and so far Vallery hasn't shown much personality) , the dialogue cheesy and the battles overly simplisitc.

When does it get more interesting?
---
This site gives 1.1 cups of food for each click a day. Please click it
http://www.thehungersite.com
#2LilispherePosted 9/10/2012 3:45:55 AM
Wandering__Hero posted...
So far I'm finding the story very cliche, the characters boring (though I only have Remus and Vallery, but I didn't find the earlier people intresting, and so far Vallery hasn't shown much personality) , the dialogue cheesy and the battles overly simplisitc.

When does it get more interesting?

After you are done with the intro, which is fairly long. When you get to the Villa it is just starting.

And later on, you will wish the battles were as simple as they were in the beginning.
#3ForbsterPosted 9/10/2012 4:01:48 AM
Yes

The early members of the cast are admittingly boring but Remus and Vallery do improve with plot advancement. I find the side characters, those you don't get in your party, most interesting.
---
[23:20] Sneetch: Sneetch<Everyone
#4MoliviousPosted 9/10/2012 4:05:26 AM
If you hate Remus like i do, he just gets worse.

But like mentioned, it's in the midst of the game where you truly find the story piecing itself together..
---
"You could easily teach yourself if you observe the world closely." - Elise, Gungnir
#5sirtonnePosted 9/10/2012 2:24:51 PM
If you judge it that harshly already, you probably won't ever like it (or most games). Just drop it and find something far more sophisticated to suit your discerning video game tastes!
#6AoENIACPosted 9/12/2012 10:12:04 PM
Remus is actually pretty mutable so don't neglect him just because he's a dumb little p**** at the beginning of the game. Just take every chance you can to play the big brother and set his impressionable little mind straight or you'll just end up hating him even more.

Vallery is admittedly bland but he's still one of my favorite characters once he joins up permanently because his primary character trait seems to be loyalty and so by the time he joins permanently you get to be the target of that loyalty.

There's also a few more characters who start out kind of annoying or bratty but honestly every character will improve if you do their sidequests and increase their affinity towards your main character and choose dialogue options that make them start to adopt the traits that you want them to have, a key part of games like this, it seems, is the ability to mold your NPC comrades.
---
Is there something about the way I type that makes it sound angry? Maybe it's just something about the way you read.
#7Just JoePosted 9/12/2012 11:38:14 PM
The biggest problem at the start is how poorly its handled.. they just expect the player to care about those characters because their character does (or because he's supposed to, at least), even though you know practically nothing about them.

It does flow better once you've actually gotten to a point where development isn't just implied.. but it has such a rough start that I can't say I'd be surprised if it ruined the rest of it for you. =/

---
~R.I.P. Reggie White #92~ NYY: 079 - 061
Mister, mister, have you seen my mad skills?? *proceeds to beat box furiously*- Dodavion 2000-2001.
#8h0Ly0rd3rZKiskEPosted 9/13/2012 3:38:00 AM
nobody can answer that question. only you. because liking or disliking something is based on our own taste and preferences.

if you don't like the story so far, that only means you don't like it.
---
i poke my eye and smell it. it smells wierd like a hamburger. if you like you can smell my finger to smell the smell of my eye. (any problem with that huh?)