Guide/Wiki

#1DBogatzPosted 9/12/2012 7:33:50 AM
So right now I'm playing through without any guide, just for fun. But on my next playthrough, I'd like to be more complete. I noticed the wiki here has some good info as far as side stuff and character endings - the main walkthrough on it seems a little sparse. Is there a recommended "guide" you all use? Or do you just cross reference with the character specific info?
#2Informed_UserPosted 9/12/2012 8:09:38 AM
I think most people use the Yandy Kusanagi guide in the faqs section even through it is also lacking some details, i.e. it does not list treasures in dungeons.
#3DarkRPGMasterPosted 9/12/2012 8:16:16 AM
^You are correct. We're still waiting for the finished product of Molivious' work.
---
If being open to things is a crime, then I deserve the death penalty.
Warning, overactive imagination, will come up with crazy ideas at a moment's notice.
#4Bkstunt_31Posted 9/19/2012 4:18:27 PM
The wiki sections on the character endings and supplementary info are well done.

The guide wiki portion is extremely lacking.

But everyone who contributed deserves a big thank you! One of the best gamefaqs wiki's I've ever seen!
---
The Blitz Knight rides again!
Facebook: http://Facebook.com/Bkstunt -=- Website: http://Bkstunt.com
#5Informed_UserPosted 9/19/2012 5:18:33 PM
What is so lacking about my walkthrough?
I never intended for it to have everything on one page since I made other pages for what I considered optional content, side quests, vacation events, etc.
#6MoliviousPosted 9/19/2012 9:37:41 PM
there is no perfect walkthrough, nor a fully informative one. not all guides should be detailed.

the one in the wiki is a very good summary of what's needed. it can be quite hard for anyone to understand at first, but that's the case for a lot of guides -- the reader will still have to get used to it eventually.

the wiki guide is good as is. if anything, the format that makes it look kinda crammed is all that i'd have to suggest be updated. some separators could be added, i guess? i can help with that matter, though. the wiki uses exactly the same format as i am using for my formatted faq..
---
"You could easily teach yourself if you observe the world closely." - Elise
#7Bkstunt_31Posted 9/19/2012 9:39:55 PM
Just realized that entire page is you. Nicely done.

It's just very basic. Some of that may be splitting up sections like you said, but some of the strategies are VERY basic. It just feels like it needs more details. Not that mine is perfect or anything (far from it).

In the end, it's still very welcome. The more info on this game the better. That's the overall point after all!
---
The Blitz Knight rides again!
Facebook: http://Facebook.com/Bkstunt -=- Website: http://Bkstunt.com
#8Mystery_OriginPosted 9/20/2012 6:15:31 AM
The problem with strategies is that once you got a hang of the few tricks in the game, there isn't really a need for an in-depth strategies for pretty much all the battles.
---
(Rogue Galaxy Board) shiva: Oh lol. Then you're the most dedicated troll ever on a board xD
#9MoliviousPosted 9/20/2012 6:26:21 AM
sadly, not everyone has the ability to do that lol. even pokemon gets such strategy guide. remember, not all players are in the same age, have the same amount of experience on srpgs, nor have the same way of thinking. some guys are developed for shooting/sports games, some for rpg.

regardless, any hint still helps, big or not. in this case, the said guides have fulfilled that purpose.
---
"You could easily teach yourself if you observe the world closely." - Elise
#10Mystery_OriginPosted 9/20/2012 1:14:33 PM
What I actually meant was, the problem with 'making a in-depth strategy guide for each mission' is that for anyone who knows the game well enough to make a guide, they are going to know the few tricks of the game. Every strategy they come up with will likely end up being some deviation of those tricks.
---
(Rogue Galaxy Board) shiva: Oh lol. Then you're the most dedicated troll ever on a board xD