INT/STR/DEX Growth up EX

#1truesper2Posted 9/15/2012 4:39:35 PM
I've been suspicious of these stones for a while now. The help says "Additional +3 to INT growth when leveling up" so I'm neurotic swapping them on when anybody is about to level. But the effect does not seem to be enough. In fact I'm not convinced it does anything.

For example, I just put 3x INT Growth Up EX on Meline (2 of them on yellow ring slots). She gained 6 INT on level up. That's pretty much what she normally gets.

Anybody else paid attention to this?

(Personally I'd kinda like it if the bonus stones were worthless, so I wouldn't feel compelled to obsess over them. :)
#2LilispherePosted 9/15/2012 4:45:21 PM
truesper2 posted...
I've been suspicious of these stones for a while now. The help says "Additional +3 to INT growth when leveling up" so I'm neurotic swapping them on when anybody is about to level. But the effect does not seem to be enough. In fact I'm not convinced it does anything.

For example, I just put 3x INT Growth Up EX on Meline (2 of them on yellow ring slots). She gained 6 INT on level up. That's pretty much what she normally gets.

Anybody else paid attention to this?

(Personally I'd kinda like it if the bonus stones were worthless, so I wouldn't feel compelled to obsess over them. :)

You have to keep them equipped for like 3 levels for them to take effect or something like that.
#3CineraryPosted 9/15/2012 6:39:15 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/psp/629093-growlanser-wayfarer-of-time/faqs/64825

"DEX/INT/STR/HP/MP Growth Up (spellstones) aren't working!

This is no bug nor glitch. The developers were smart enough to make sure that you do not outsmart them.

There's one simple rule: Level up at least once (while equipping the spellstone) so that the spellstone(s) would take effect (for the next levels)
this means: you cannot equip the spellstone right before you level up (well, cause that's being cheap)
this also means: your first level up will have no bonus. But your 2nd, 3rd, 4th and so on levels will receive the bonus.
this also means: if you remove the spellstone and re-equip it, you will have to level up once again before the effect kicks in

Now if you're worried about maxing your stats, the much much better way of going about it is to just use Blessing Bells and stat raising apples that you can win from the arena or steal from certain enemies.
---
PSN: SouthPhillySanta http://i.imgur.com/X6ju8.png
Yo homie...is that my briefcase?
#4truesper2(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2012 6:40:06 PM
Lilisphere posted...
You have to keep them equipped for like 3 levels for them to take effect or something like that.

Ahhh that makes sense. All this time I've been worrying about having them on when levelling up.... :-)