How do you get your MadCatz TE Stick working for your PC?

#1zakkkkkkkPosted 8/11/2011 5:49:53 AM
Hello.

I have a MadCatz TE stick (for PS3) that I initially bought for BlazBlue and it works fine on my laptop but not on my desktop. I want to use it on my desktop since it can run it in higher quality and has a bigger screen.

The stick is recognized by the computer but when I go test it in calibration, none of the buttons function or give any feedback.

Can anyone help me out here?
---
Just Your Average Gamer.
#2mickdoPosted 8/11/2011 6:31:11 AM
For PS3 TE sticks, your motherboard needs to have an Intel or VIA chipset for your USB port to be compatible with the stick.

If not, you will have to buy a VIA USB port.

I just bought a PS3 Round 1 TE stick today to add to my collection. I think my Asus p5p41d fits into the above category, so hopefully it will run smoothly when it arrives.
#3zakkkkkkk(Topic Creator)Posted 8/11/2011 6:59:44 AM
Well, both my laptop and desktop have Intel mobos. Is there any other reason why it's not working on my desktop?
---
Just Your Average Gamer.
#4mickdoPosted 8/11/2011 7:16:11 AM
Try toggling the LS/RS switch thing. I'm not sure what it's called, since I don't have a TE stick in front of me. Otherwise, it looks like you might need to buy a VIA USB port.
#5HunterStarcraftPosted 8/14/2011 1:51:02 PM

I've heard for most people you just need the VIA USB card. Apparently "Dynex"(BestBuy/Futureshop) brand USB pci cards work.

#6tcchip82Posted 8/15/2011 6:18:16 AM
I'm using a Mayflash arcade stick, and for some reason, the game refuses to recognize the joystick, though the buttons work just fine. What's really wacky is I have no problem using the same stick to play vanilla SF4 on the PC, or SSF4 on the PS3. Anyone has any ideas?
#7petran78Posted 8/22/2011 10:06:58 AM
tcchip82 posted...
I'm using a Mayflash arcade stick, and for some reason, the game refuses to recognize the joystick, though the buttons work just fine. What's really wacky is I have no problem using the same stick to play vanilla SF4 on the PC, or SSF4 on the PS3. Anyone has any ideas?

is there any switch to the stick to switch the joystick from d-pad to analogue?

use Xpadder or download this programm, configure it and put the ini file to the SF directory

http://code.google.com/p/x360ce/
---
A witty saying proves nothing
Voltaire
#8tcchip82Posted 9/3/2011 11:00:50 PM
That solution of emulating my stick as an X360 pad worked perfectly... until the new patch came out, and now the game refuses to recognize my arcade stick altogether. Way to go Capcom. You're supposed to ADD support for 3rd party sticks, not remove them.