Namco need to get their head out of their asses

#1Dragunov_4_everPosted 2/2/2012 3:43:23 AM
Why the hell would they offer a whole playable character as preorder DLC? I preorder online, only to find this morning that it didn't even come with a code, depsite even the receipt saying that it does. So now I can't play as my favourite character and when he eventually comes to the PSN Store I'll have to unnecessarily buy a PSN card that I shouldn't have needed. My money's tight at the moment, especially with so many must-buy games coming out.

Preorder bonuses are always a mess, cause confusion and inevitably people tend to get screwed over and never get their codes. It always happens with any bonuses. If the SCV bonus was just a costume pack or something then that'd be fine because it's not going to really ruin apart of the actual game if you don't get it. If I fight any Dampierre's online then I'm not going to have a clue what to due because I haven't seen his movelist.

First preorder gems and now preorder characters *sigh*

Fighting games are going down a dark route and it isn't helping the genre. A whole character is a game changing thing in a fighting game and should never be used as some kind of petty preorder incentive, especially when it's a character who's slot on the selection screen is a main one practically in the middle.

I just can't believe that Namco would pull off such a scumbag move after rushing Project Soul and giving us only half the SCV we should have had. The game is too barebones to be ripping things out and using them as DLC or bonuses. Even if Namco don't owe it to us, they owe it to the Soul Calibur franchise itself for Dampierre to be in the game already. SCV deserves better than being used as a cash-in with preorder characters.

I can at least forgive Capcom for the gems because SFxT is making up for it with a godlike roster and modes. Unfortunately I can't say the same for SCV.
---
Official Mei Terumi of the Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations board
#2Arc166Posted 2/2/2012 3:46:27 AM
Original topic.
---
http://i407.photobucket.com/albums/pp151/arc6/Sonicterrible.png - My thanks to Paulkotsu.
#3XSilverPhoenixXPosted 2/2/2012 3:48:09 AM
Honestly he is a horribly hard character to use, and he is too much of a joke. He feels like a twisted amalgamation of Voldo and has the wimpy reach of a tyrannosaurus. He really sucks hard, and his range is so short you get your ass handed to you immediately.
#4soulegion08Posted 2/2/2012 3:48:53 AM
you can say that now till they release SFxT Super Turbo advanced Alpha Arcade Mode 5. with minor changes in the future >_>
---
PSN:SSoul0
AC2:B, LittleBigPlanet 2, Uncharted 1+2, Crysis2, MAG, Vanquish, Folklore,MGS4, NSUNS2 *My PS3 titles*
#5Dragunov_4_ever(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2012 3:51:18 AM
soulegion08 posted...
you can say that now till they release SFxT Super Turbo advanced Alpha Arcade Mode 5. with minor changes in the future >_>

I'd buy it with no regrets. The more awesome SF and Tekken characters the better. I wish that SCV would do a super version because we're going to be stuck with this game for quite a while before the next one and at least a Super version would give us the game that we should of had if Daishi had been given at least 2 years.
---
#6LokusasuPosted 2/2/2012 4:04:11 AM
You need to get your head out of your ass
#7Dragunov_4_ever(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2012 4:06:44 AM
Lokusasu posted...

How about no. If you can't take you precious Namco being insulted then you have no place being here.
---
#8LokusasuPosted 2/2/2012 4:10:45 AM
Dragunov_4_ever posted...
Lokusasu posted...

How about no. If you can't take you precious Namco being insulted then you have no place being here.

LOL someone is mad
#9Dragunov_4_ever(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2012 4:14:06 AM
Lokusasu posted...
LOL someone is mad

Trollz be trollin'
---
#10Grammar_manPosted 2/2/2012 4:18:28 AM
XSilverPhoenixX posted...
Honestly he is a horribly hard character to use, and he is too much of a joke. He feels like a twisted amalgamation of Voldo and has the wimpy reach of a tyrannosaurus. He really sucks hard, and his range is so short you get your ass handed to you immediately.

Unless you know how to play him. He was a solid high tier in BD, I don't doubt for a bit that he will still be.