Is it just me, or does the AI actually cheat?

#1Ryan_SilverFoxPosted 4/26/2012 7:41:28 PM
Lemme give you three examples... and in the first two examples, tell me if it's even humanly possible to do this:

1) While fighting arcade Nightmare last night, he was in the middle of doing one of his B slashes and, during the animation, he turned completely 90 degrees to hit me as I had dodged to the side while he was winding up. Yes, during the actual slash animation, he did a 90 degree turn... not before bringing the sword down... WHILE he was bringing the sword down.

2) I was fighting the high-level Hilde AI in Quick Battle (finishing up my title collection). This AI could rapid fire Hilde's charge and release attacks. I'm pretty sure it's impossible to do this, but in one round, the AI fired off 5 light charge B stabs in a row with almost no delay. During another fight, the AI did a light B charge stab, then immediately followed up with the full-charge version. I'm pretty sure that, even under normal circumstances, you need to hold the button down longer than that to gain the full charge version.

3) While using Mitsurugi, I did his 4B backstep stab on an enemy. Despite them being directly in front of me, didn't block or dodge (in fact, they walked towards me, my sword hit them in the side and, instead of doing damage, their entire body was pushed sideways, allowing them to attack me while in the animation. And I'm not imagining things here - the enemy's body was clearly moved to the side when the tip of my sword hit them.

Is it just me, here, or does it seem like the AI doesn't follow the same rules we do and can just break them? I know there are examples of absolute BS timing and everything, but am I correct in saying that the examples mentioned above are impossiblities, meaning that the AI actually cheated in order to win (well, not all of the situations... the first and second I did win out in the end)?

If anyone can confirm that it is possible to do some of these... or even give stories of their own AI nonsense, that'd be appreciated too.
#2Jeric735Posted 4/26/2012 7:50:11 PM
Ryan_SilverFox posted...
2) I was fighting the high-level Hilde AI in Quick Battle (finishing up my title collection). This AI could rapid fire Hilde's charge and release attacks. I'm pretty sure it's impossible to do this, but in one round, the AI fired off 5 light charge B stabs in a row with almost no delay. During another fight, the AI did a light B charge stab, then immediately followed up with the full-charge version. I'm pretty sure that, even under normal circumstances, you need to hold the button down longer than that to gain the full charge version.

Really reminds me of good ol' Street Fighter where the AI would use specials like Sonic Boom while walking forward, even if the input command required them to hold back, or down.
---
PSN: Jeric-S
#3Voodoo_VoldoPosted 4/26/2012 7:52:02 PM
Hey jeric, Don't get mad but I can do the forward sonic boom, and Honda missile.. Buffer the controls with both thumbs :)
---
SC5: Voldo, Astaroth, Ivy
Playing: Mortal Kombat, Skyrim, SC5, Halo Reach
#4WandrianPosted 4/26/2012 7:52:55 PM
1: Tracking. *TONS* of vertical attacks have it. If a target does tries to sidestep at a certain time, most vertical attacks will cause the character to turn and force it to hit. It really gets crazy with when it's things like Dampierre's Poker Bluff B, which I've personally seen track a good 140 degrees.

2: It doesn't take *THAT* long to charge up any of Hilde's charged attacks. I'm no Hilde main, but I can safely tell you that's not the AI cheating.

3: It was either Just Guarded or sidestepped at the last second. Just Guards produce a white flash when they occur, put the user at a five frame advantage, and gives them a teensy bit of meter. Sidestepping...well yeah.
---
Dislcaimer: sharing an opinion or offering advice is in no way a statement of belief in personal greatness.
#5zerosigmavirusPosted 4/26/2012 8:10:33 PM
I think so, In quick battle a mitsurugi name YOTORY can just guard with his back turned completely. I got so pissed when that happened.
---
3DS FC: 2277-6836-1596
#6JukainPosted 4/26/2012 8:41:38 PM
No mention of Harada TEKKEN firing off fastest input uppercuts like a machine gun? =/
---
"In peace, vigilance. In war, victory. In death, sacrifice." ~ The Grey Wardens
http://www.trueachievements.com/mygames.aspx?gamerid=71900
#7L_M_4Posted 4/26/2012 9:03:43 PM
Technically, the only way the AI ever "cheats" is by doing inputs faster than it's physically possible for a human to do them. I'm talking CE's the frame that you let go of guard.

Other than that, everything else it does (Yes, even backturned justguard) can technically be done by a human.
---
Psn: BloodFalcon
#8Jiyuu FalconPosted 4/26/2012 11:11:46 PM
Jukain posted...
No mention of Harada TEKKEN firing off fastest input uppercuts like a machine gun? =/

I've fought humans in Tekken that can do just that. If they felt like it, anyway. They're not idiots. I like low stances, so they don't spam it on me, for example.
#9whirowPosted 4/27/2012 1:02:13 AM
It is just the case of AI being able to "perfectly" charge to split million of a second accuracy
It is possible in real cases, just that humans don't have that finesse
Not unless you are a Jedi~
---
NA Gamer Mentality: When you lose, its either: Lag, Opponent Character is Broken, Spam. Remember, it is never your own damn fault
#10PorcupinePosted 4/27/2012 2:32:47 AM(edited)
I wonder do Jedi have absolutely perfect timing?

I think Jedi only have split second or instantaneous reflexes, purportedly because they can see into the future. Their timing may be no better than any other humans' so perhaps that is how you can kill a Jedi and take away his laser sword.