Is SC5 or SC4 more popular online?

#1PorcupinePosted 5/30/2012 2:30:23 PM
A couple days ago I played SC4 online for the Xbox 360 for the first time, just to get the dumb achievements and nothing else.

There's like 1000 players actively playing SC4 on Xbox Live. Not at any given moment of course, and at any given moment you can only see a fraction of the people who are actually playing, maybe 20 people or so. But if you play a long session you can get an idea of how many players are on at the moment and it's usually around 100 at any given time of day, 24/7. No idea about PSN.

I hear a few people saying they are having a hard time finding matches in SC5, but other people say there are plenty. Either way, which game currently has more online players, SC4 or SC5?

The SC4 lag was unbearable though on Xbox Live. It was worse than I remembered on PSN, but I only played several matches on PSN. The players I meet run from 1 bar to 4 bars. Only saw a 5 bar player once. Most of my matches are 3 bars. The actual lag is not always corresponding to the bars though but usually it corresponds. But my best 4 bar matches felt like 7-frame lag and could still be called unplayable. The worst 3 bar matches for me had lag of almost 60-frames (1 whole second). I had some 2 bar matches where the lag was 1.5 seconds, and I had a 1 bar match where for some reason I could not move at all or do anything, but my opponent could move, lol.
#2saguyakokoPosted 5/30/2012 2:30:59 PM
V is more popular online.
---
The Devil
#3Porcupine(Topic Creator)Posted 5/30/2012 2:33:11 PM
How many players are on SC5 at any given time of day?
#4saguyakokoPosted 5/30/2012 2:39:18 PM
Porcupine posted...
How many players are on SC5 at any given time of day?

There is no accurate way to give you a number.
---
The Devil
#5Porcupine(Topic Creator)Posted 5/30/2012 9:49:26 PM
Yes there is. For example, you could say that on 5/30, I stayed in the whatever lobby for 1 hour and kept refreshing, and during that 1 hour timespan I saw 50 unique names come and go.

This would not prove the amount of players you observed is an accurate representation of the population generally online, but it would still prove that at least 50 players were online at the time and duration you checked.
#6Phoenix1985grPosted 5/30/2012 11:51:23 PM
And why would someone spend one or more hours just checking the names of the people who create lobbies instead of playing?
#7saguyakokoPosted 5/31/2012 5:33:44 AM
Porcupine posted...
Yes there is. For example, you could say that on 5/30, I stayed in the whatever lobby for 1 hour and kept refreshing, and during that 1 hour timespan I saw 50 unique names come and go.

This would not prove the amount of players you observed is an accurate representation of the population generally online, but it would still prove that at least 50 players were online at the time and duration you checked.

That is not an accurate way to gauge how many people are online. There are 3 different online modes. In ranked it is impossible to see who you are fighting until you fight them. In player match lobbies that are filled do not appear on the search screen. There is also no guarantee people will join your lobby.

There is truly no accurate way to determine the amount of people online. The only reason what you did was at least feasible was because SCIV is already a pretty much dead game. There aren't many people playing online in comparison to online games. SCV is the more popular game online.
---
The Devil
#8__Kaine__Posted 5/31/2012 5:39:54 AM
Online in sc5 is quite variable.. in colosseo for example you get full rooms at days and almost empty in others..
---
My name is pronounced "Kai-neh", not like "Cane"..
#9RX0megaPosted 5/31/2012 6:18:07 AM
This topic seems as good a place to ask this, but are there still plenty of people playing SCIV on PS3? I ask because I want to rent it and don't have the monney for V and want to test my internet connection online (and I'm too sacred to play Blazblue online because I can't do combos).
---
Official Piplup of the Pokemon White 2 board
My Gundam wallpaper Collection: http://imgur.com/a/h2Ag7