GameFAQs Represent lobby discussion.

#1WandrianPosted 3/24/2012 12:47:56 PM
...Since the original poster locked the topic for some reason. I don't host the lobby and have only played in it once, but it seems amusing enough to have it's own thread no?

re: wacky Mitsurugi player: ...Was that me? I remember playing Mitsurugi last week and ranting on about how I hate his laser-guided verticals while playing him using only horizontals.
---
Dislcaimer: sharing an opinion or offering advice is in no way a statement of belief in personal greatness.
#2steve_ennoxPosted 3/24/2012 12:59:51 PM
I feel like I'm missing out on something here.

How casual is the lobby? I don't want serious business play but I like doing more than just showcasing CaS. And I'd love to get better... I took a break from the game and now I suck badly <.<
---
"He's jelly, salty, and doesn't have pepper."~Neko_Shigi
ZoE HD confirmed, looks like I'll need a new sig (started 2011-11-28)
#3CraiCrushnaPosted 3/24/2012 4:03:57 PM
When are these mythical lobbies made?
#4terabientPosted 3/24/2012 4:22:02 PM
Wandrian posted...
re: wacky Mitsurugi player: ...Was that me? I remember playing Mitsurugi last week and ranting on about how I hate his laser-guided verticals while playing him using only horizontals.

Nah, it was a guy who had no sense of humor. Dude was super-serious-business.

steve_ennox posted...

How casual is the lobby? I don't want serious business play but I like doing more than just showcasing CaS. And I'd love to get better... I took a break from the game and now I suck badly <.<

People of all skill levels show up. Nobody's going to make you feel bad if you are still learning the game, but people won't 'go easy' on you either. If learning how to play better is something you're interested in, the gamefaqs room fosters a pretty good environment for it.
---
What everyone needs to do is calm down, take a deep breath, and prepare their bodies for the Thunderdome.
GT: janejana
#5Macdaddyruss1Posted 3/24/2012 5:13:33 PM
no you guys have mediocre lame characters and you play like your playing for money. Go practice for the Tourny somewhere else more appropriate like ranked, casual players with GREAT creations dont want to be bothered by smothering players like you.
---
GT: http://www.xboxgamertag.com/gamercard/PHANTASM 925/newnxe/card.png
#6numbthumbs03Posted 3/24/2012 5:28:52 PM

I'd definitely like to participate in more of these lobbies! I highly recommend joining the lobby if ya see it open since it's one of the best places to learn your character without all the elitist attitudes. Speaking of which, I keep missing when these events happen. Wandrian, hit me up if ya get in one, haha!

#7joxynn723Posted 3/24/2012 6:00:47 PM
Wow, mac closed the topic? What a childish and needlessly dickish thing to do :P
Oh well, now i have a shiny new topic to post up in. Guess I'll start by responding to a few posts from the old topic.

Neoghaleon55 posted...
but we insult each other all the time, jonny!
actually we insult each other's moms.
haha

you should be happy, I've been trashing nightmares left and right ever since I played you.
no nightmare holds a candle to jonny's abusive ringouts and lag tactics.
:P

You're welcome Neo :D

Neoghaleon55 posted...
ruben and I are old frienemies.
I know his style...it doesn't work on me.

Wow really? I consider Ruben's understanding of Nightmare to be leaps and bounds better than mine. He does like to space a lot though and that's not the best approach against your cow. I guess I could see that.

terabient posted...
Unless joxynn isn't talking about that Mitsurugi player who went on about fighting with honor

No, that's the one:P A couple of his friends joined after you left that night and "super serious salt" mode was activated.

Neko_Shigi posted...
I'm that Devil Jin player, you know, the one that Jonny likes to troll spectacularly by giving me two rounds then completely destroying me the next three.

XD

%$^& you Jonny boy!

:D
---
XBL GT - HeeeeresJonny86
Youtube Page - http://www.youtube.com/user/Joxynn723
#8joxynn723Posted 3/24/2012 6:32:17 PM
steve_ennox posted...

Terabient covered it pretty well. The games are definitely serious in the sense that people play to win, but the goal is to learn and improve. We try out new characters, compare strats and share advice. We also crack jokes and have fun. I'd say the skill level of the players that usually join is definitely higher than most of those in random player matches.

CraiCrushna posted...
When are these mythical lobbies made?

Lol unfortunately there's no definite answer here. I make the lobbies whenever I have free time...which varies from week to week. Fridays and Saturdays are usually good nights (unless something comes up) I name my rooms GameFAQs Represent and set the search parameters to N and S America, Casual Games to make it easier to find. There's no rule saying someone else can't create a gamefaqs lobby and post about it in this topic though.

Macdaddyruss1 posted...
no you guys have mediocre lame characters and you play like your playing for money. Go practice for the Tourny somewhere else more appropriate like ranked, casual players with GREAT creations dont want to be bothered by smothering players like you.

Dude...I've tried to remain as civil with you as possible, but I'm saying this because it needs to be said. You're not very good at this game....at all. And your attitude is the biggest reason why. We welcomed you in our lobby and played and treated you like anyone else. I even tried to give you pointers when I saw you struggling against that mistu player. You, however, did nothing but complain from the time you showed up. You didn't like the number of rounds per match, you didn't like the characters we created, but I suspect the thing you didn't like most of all was the fact that we were beating you. Everybody who plays better than you isn't a tourney tryhard. Getting angry and lashing out isn't the way to improve. If you really want to prioritize CAS over everything else, feel free to create your own room and boot better players to your heart's content. If you want to actually learn to play better, you're still more than welcome to join mine. (provided you come with the right attitude)

tl:dr version
Grow the hell up man...

Now that that's out of the way, I'll be creating a room again tonight. Search N and S America, casual games for a lobby called GameFAQs Represent. I'm opening it as I post this. Feel free to hop on in :)
---
XBL GT - HeeeeresJonny86
Youtube Page - http://www.youtube.com/user/Joxynn723
#9PunisherRogue88Posted 3/24/2012 6:49:06 PM
It was quite fun the last time. Sorry about just sitting in the lobby. I had to take care of something and thought I'd be back sooner. I was playing like ass that night lol. I'm usually better than that. I hate when people complain about "spamming". It makes me not play at my best because I just don't care to hear it(that Mitsu player is who I'm speaking of, btw)
---
MK9 Mains:Jade,Stryker. SCV Mains:Xiba,Leixia
GT:PunisherRogue69
#10Macdaddyruss1Posted 3/24/2012 7:28:50 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]