---
xTBX FaTaLx
#2steve_ennoxPosted 3/25/2012 12:29:24 PM
Kilik higher than Elysium

DJ and Asta bottom tier

Explain your reasoning.
---
"He's jelly, salty, and doesn't have pepper."~Neko_Shigi
ZoE HD confirmed, looks like I'll need a new sig (started 2011-11-28)
#3WandrianPosted 3/25/2012 12:31:45 PM
I'm going to pretend I'm too dumb to *NOT* take this topic seriously. Copypasta'd from another topic...

Aeon: D. Doesn't have much going for him. He really needs...something. They could always transplant some of Devil Jin's flying moves to his A+B stance(and have more moves that can lead into it), but right now he has little to stop good players.

Alpha Patroklos: S. Not really anyone has mastered him yet it seems, but like Setsuka he still has ungodly high potential.

Algol: B. He's mediocre in many ways, but with enough meter he has some ungodly powerful combos.

Astaroth: B. He's just like he's ever been, high damage high risk.
Cervantes: A. Does he even have any weaknesses? He can also aGI almost anything.

Dampierre: D, possibly C. Only his CE and luck-dependent combos deal worthwhile damage.

Devil Jin: S. Utter bullhonkery ring outs were nerfed a bit, but he's still incredibly powerful.

Ezio: B, possibly C as I understand him. Not much for combos, a little too reliant on counter hits.

Hilde: ...Apparently she has a new doom combo or two...Great.
Ivy: B, possibly A. The buffs she received are pretty helpful.

Leixia: A, possibly B with nerfs. Incredible mixup game and all-around good.
Maxi: B, possibly C. Those damage nerfs did hurt him a bit.

Mitsurugi: S. As long as he has fast, high damage, laser-guided verticals and basically no weaknesses I'm going to assume he's grade S.

Natsu: B. Caltrops nerf hurt her potential a bit.

Nightmare: B. Great punishment, oki, and ring out game, but not much else. inb4 a troll says he's really really good.

Patroklos: A. Just all around good, really.
Pyrrha: A. Two modest nerfs and she's really still pretty good.
Pyrrha Omega: B, possibly A(though heavily leaning to B). Higher risk/reward than normal.
Raphael: D. He has fast verticals and that's it.

Siegfried: C. He's the gimped version of Nightmare, just replace the oki game with mixups that can mostly be reacted to safely.

Tira: C. They even nerfed some of Jolly's crappiest moves, they *REALLY* wanted to take her down a few pegs.

Viola: S. She was already really really nasty in the hands of someone that knew how to use her, all her buffs have made her into a monster. A monster that requires effort to achieve payoffs, but a monster nonetheless.

Voldo: B. A little too reliant on being confusing and mixing up, but overall good.
Xiba: B.
Zwei: C, possibly B. He's a one trick pony and his trick isn't all that great.
---
Dislcaimer: sharing an opinion or offering advice is in no way a statement of belief in personal greatness.
#4steve_ennoxPosted 3/25/2012 1:05:16 PM
Aww don't do that, I want to see someone defend the Asta/DJ bottom tier notion.
---
"He's jelly, salty, and doesn't have pepper."~Neko_Shigi
ZoE HD confirmed, looks like I'll need a new sig (started 2011-11-28)
#5MartianDogPosted 3/25/2012 3:13:02 PM
Wandrian posted...
I'm going to pretend I'm too dumb to *NOT* take this topic seriously. Copypasta'd from another topic...

Aeon: D. Doesn't have much going for him. He really needs...something. They could always transplant some of Devil Jin's flying moves to his A+B stance(and have more moves that can lead into it), but right now he has little to stop good players.

Alpha Patroklos: S. Not really anyone has mastered him yet it seems, but like Setsuka he still has ungodly high potential.

Algol: B. He's mediocre in many ways, but with enough meter he has some ungodly powerful combos.

Astaroth: B. He's just like he's ever been, high damage high risk.
Cervantes: A. Does he even have any weaknesses? He can also aGI almost anything.

Dampierre: D, possibly C. Only his CE and luck-dependent combos deal worthwhile damage.

Devil Jin: S. Utter bullhonkery ring outs were nerfed a bit, but he's still incredibly powerful.

Ezio: B, possibly C as I understand him. Not much for combos, a little too reliant on counter hits.

Hilde: ...Apparently she has a new doom combo or two...Great.
Ivy: B, possibly A. The buffs she received are pretty helpful.

Leixia: A, possibly B with nerfs. Incredible mixup game and all-around good.
Maxi: B, possibly C. Those damage nerfs did hurt him a bit.

Mitsurugi: S. As long as he has fast, high damage, laser-guided verticals and basically no weaknesses I'm going to assume he's grade S.

Natsu: B. Caltrops nerf hurt her potential a bit.

Nightmare: B. Great punishment, oki, and ring out game, but not much else. inb4 a troll says he's really really good.

Patroklos: A. Just all around good, really.
Pyrrha: A. Two modest nerfs and she's really still pretty good.
Pyrrha Omega: B, possibly A(though heavily leaning to B). Higher risk/reward than normal.
Raphael: D. He has fast verticals and that's it.

Siegfried: C. He's the gimped version of Nightmare, just replace the oki game with mixups that can mostly be reacted to safely.

Tira: C. They even nerfed some of Jolly's crappiest moves, they *REALLY* wanted to take her down a few pegs.

Viola: S. She was already really really nasty in the hands of someone that knew how to use her, all her buffs have made her into a monster. A monster that requires effort to achieve payoffs, but a monster nonetheless.

Voldo: B. A little too reliant on being confusing and mixing up, but overall good.
Xiba: B.
Zwei: C, possibly B. He's a one trick pony and his trick isn't all that great.

Best tier list I've seen so far. Kudos. Except I would swap Aeon and Zwei's ratings.
#6fallenangeliiPosted 3/25/2012 4:52:03 PM
Anyone who claims Leixia is anywhere near the top, especially post-patch, deserves to be laughed at because, really, there's so many characters in this game with better tools than her, even pre-patch.
#7xTBX_FaTaLx(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2012 6:29:33 PM
Yeah whatever, also Lexia requires skill
---
xTBX FaTaLx
#8PunisherRogue88Posted 3/25/2012 6:41:44 PM
xTBX_FaTaLx posted...
Yeah whatever, also Lexia requires skill

Thank you! Another person who stuck by her even after the nerfs. I've ran into quite a few people complimenting my Leixia, while saying they dropped her because of the nerfs. I just see the patch on her making it so you have to know what you're doing to use her(the same can be said about a lot of the characters that got hit, except Tira and Raphael, what the hell was that crap?)
---
MK9 Mains:Jade,Stryker. SCV Mains:Xiba,Leixia
GT:PunisherRogue69
#9SWBF2PilotPosted 3/25/2012 11:57:41 PM
All the Leixa's I've seen post patch have tried to kick me to death, it's just incredibly stupid =/.
---
In real life I don't expect to die anytime soon. In videogames I don't expect to live anytime soon.
#10Voodoo_VoldoPosted 3/26/2012 6:50:54 AM
Wandrian.. I honestly don't think you've fought many good ZWEI's.. But yeah.. Nightmare is NOT overpowered, Many just don't know how to fight him.. Im one of the ones that don't, but then again, I use Nightmare.. and as far as Aeon goes, He is by far my new favorite character (A long time ago I did a sketch of a velociraptor dual wielding spiked hammers.. This kind of hit home for me :D) although his game feels sluggish, and he is SO easily sidestepped (He needs to eat Mitsu and gain some of those heat-seaking verticals...).. Im picking Voldo back up and in my hands he is probably D potential but I've gotten lucky and in a flow where I made an A2 rank nerd rage at my Arabian troll character :)
---
MK: Reptile, Kano::: SC5: Ivy, Nightmare, Cervantes
Now Playing: Mortal Kombat, Skyrim, SC5, Halo Reach