Somebody Please explain me This!!!!!(Justguard)

#1WolowitzPosted 5/22/2012 6:21:38 PM
I have been trying to just guard all day and I simply can not do it, Im starting to think Its not the timing but something else.
PLEASE EXPLAIN MEEEEEEEE

Thank you
---
GT: LethaL Turnip11
#2whirowPosted 5/22/2012 6:42:59 PM
The thing about just guard is not about pressing the button on time

Rather it is releasing the button on time

So try to "tap" the button 1st, use something easy like Lizard's BBB (3rd hit) for practice
---
NA Gamer Mentality: When you lose, its either: Lag, Opponent Character is Broken, Spam. Remember, it is never your own damn fault
#3PunisherRogue88Posted 5/22/2012 7:04:41 PM
I'm actually starting to get the hang of it myself. Just like whirow said, the release time is key. Usually, you can JG the move as it is coming down on you(a little before it almost connects) I believe if you tap guard the quickest way possible(I'll say, three frames) you get a seven frame window for the JG. I think it works like this: you get ten total frames. Depending on how quick you press and release guard, the remaining frames is how long your JG window is active, but if you're slower than five frames, you'll be too late and just regular guard. Example: the average speed for tapping is three frames, that means you have seven frames of active JG window. The timing is actually pretty lenient, but a little harder to do than it looks on paper. Just remember input delay when trying to JG online. It's a lot harder in anything under four bars. Also remember that when you JG, you're at advantage for how many frames are left in the move plus whatever recovery it had to begin with.

Bibulus actually did a pretty good JG guide on 8wayrun. You should check it out!

I'd also like to say the best times to JG is when you know the next move is coming. Some strings aren't worth the risk because some strings are still safe(online, at least) even if JG'd.
---
MK9 Mains:Jade,Stryker. SCV Mains:Xiba,Leixia
GT:PunisherRogue69
#4sidebeardPosted 5/22/2012 11:45:41 PM
I'm no expert but I learnt the timing for JG's by fighting AI Leixia/Raphael. I just stood still and let them attack me and played with the guard button, occasionally blocking their attacks, more often getting hit until I got the timing correct.

I couldn't say that I can JG at will now but I do know what the timing feels like. Basically you need to just 'blip' the button just as the attack is about to land. As the previous poster says, the point where you release the button is more important.
---
'What did you say?! Insects' life doesn't compare to human lives!'
#5RedXIII400Posted 5/23/2012 12:05:56 AM
Angelic Snow has godly Just Guarding abilities.
---
I wanna Climhazzard Vegh's Stock Break until his Thunder Slash gets Shocked, if you know what I mean ~Jukain
#6whirowPosted 5/23/2012 1:00:30 AM
Just learn those "mandatory" JGs like Py 66B BE, Asta 66K BE 1st
---
NA Gamer Mentality: When you lose, its either: Lag, Opponent Character is Broken, Spam. Remember, it is never your own damn fault