Mr. Popo

#1ZER0197Posted 9/6/2011 12:30:12 PM
Who here thinks that Mr Popo looks racist, honestly I'm black and I don't find him racist
---
Current team :Emboar(Nova m Lv99), Zekrom(Zek gl Lv100), Zoroark(Zora m Lv98), Braviary(Eagle m Lv97), Carracosta(Costa m Lv 97), and Galvantula(Jolt m Lv97)
#2HerugrimPosted 9/6/2011 12:42:34 PM
The first episode of Popeye was banned from television because it had a cardboard cut out that looked a lot like Mr. Popo.
---
Ham! I love ham!
#3Wiiplayer111Posted 9/6/2011 12:58:29 PM
Seriously I didnt know it was racist until Blue Popo. I mean Popo is an alien who doesn't even sound black.

And so what if it portrays a black guy stereotype? He is the GOD OF EARTH's right hand man. Popo is pretty much on top of the world, literally and figuratively.
---
I don't just give you my two cents, I whip a roll of quarters at your head.
#4SuperVegito2487Posted 9/6/2011 1:17:38 PM
racism is overrated imo.

you call a guy a moron cause you dont like him, then religion shouldnt matter.

Its just 4kids usual screwups.

im pretty sure they where the ones behind this.
---
"It is just my opinion though theres really no need to go spreading it around".Jeff "Joker" Moreau. XBL on hiatus
#5MrStarkillerPosted 9/6/2011 1:22:08 PM
^What's all this now?

>Popo
>not a black human
>refers to every other black person in Dragonball
Oh you guys. And look at the treatment of women. Classy. Dragonball was just more 'honest' than "Z".
#6ssaiyajinzeroPosted 9/6/2011 1:22:34 PM
Wiiplayer111 posted...
Seriously I didnt know it was racist until Blue Popo. I mean Popo is an alien who doesn't even sound black.

And so what if it portrays a black guy stereotype? He is the GOD OF EARTH's right hand man. Popo is pretty much on top of the world, literally and figuratively.

Right hand man? Or perhaps, slave... >_>

It is what you make of it~
---
Even the biggest stars in the universe are dwarfed in comparison to the size and power of the human spirit.
#7MrStarkillerPosted 9/6/2011 1:28:26 PM
^Well played.
#8CidiusCistusPosted 9/6/2011 2:03:39 PM
You know one day earthlings will go into space and find specifically Popo's kind of aline, and then we will paint them blue! Why? Because we dont want to offend ANYONE!?!?!
#9JusticeSOPosted 9/6/2011 2:14:40 PM
My only "problem" with Popo was he looked like a serious case of black-FACE.

Other than that I didn't care. Racism can be shoved up everyone's asses, and everyone who tries the racism-card NOW needs to get shot.
---
D.O.S.I.M. - Dobu De Oborete Shinde Ikikaete Mata Shine
#10rikimaru_k19Posted 9/6/2011 5:29:37 PM
Not really comfortable with Mr. Popo's look, but what really I find offensive is the way black characters are depicted (usually having big, over-exaggerated, pink lips) in DBZ and other popular manga and anime. The only exception is Naruto: shippuden, where the black characters are drawn having normal lips like the other characters.
---
(PSN ID:burning_dawn) One can only hope...
http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/1595/1284770152019.jpg