It's official... DBZ games need to stop for five years.

#1Oni_TaedoPosted 5/12/2012 9:03:45 AM
Seriously, here is a list of other animu that would probably work as a decent 10 - 30 hour romp.
Just to prove, DBZ isn't the only thing Namco Bandai can milk.

Devilman

Guyver

Zetman

Fist of the North Star

Kinnikuman

Witchblade

Lupin the Third (They did a few, but they weren't done too well. It's one of those things that needs a Western developer)

Metropolis (Osamu Tezuka's sci-fi epic. It could work as an RPG)

Cutie Honey (think Dynasty Warriors, only playable and with more intelligent AI. So, in reality, nothing like Dynasty Warriors. More like Ninja Gaiden with a fairly unique combo system that would utilize various transformations, weapons etc. and monsters firing rockets from their breasts...)

Dragon Ball (seriously, we don't get enough classic DB games. Not to mention, the ones we do get are usually only pretty good. Make it look like an old 70's kung fu flick, while retaining the series' charm. The zaniness of Saints Row with the awesome combat of Arkam Asylum. Roundhouse kicking two guys through a tree, and then bounding off another enemies chest into his mate's face, sounds kinda awesome.)

Battle Angel Alita (Okay, seriously, another mango that needs to be turned into a game. And they did turn it into one, only it was only released in Japan, and even further limited by being on the PS1, which whoever bought one was a sucker, me included.)
---
If you have accepted Kenshiro as your lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, you are already dead.
#2Savra104Posted 5/12/2012 9:43:06 AM
Namco Bandai has a contract with Shueisha that DEMANDS that they milk it, iirc.
#3plo617Posted 5/14/2012 2:12:51 PM
Dude, I would kill for a Guyver game. They could even get David Hayter to voice the main character, lol.
#4abigexplosionPosted 5/14/2012 6:29:00 PM
Savra104 posted...

This, combined with with rising development costs and the budget and development time not rising to match it, is why there will never another good DBZ game.
---
Not changing this signature until a new F-Zero is announced. *started 6/18/10*
F-Zero > Mario Kart. If you disagree, it's because you're bad at F-Zero.
#5DBZAOTA482Posted 5/15/2012 12:50:40 PM(edited)
All those anime are only popular with the specific anime-interested audience (which isn't that big) except for Kinnikuman, not many people even know it exists.
#6DBZAOTA482Posted 5/15/2012 12:48:45 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#7Oni_Taedo(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2012 8:08:47 AM
DBZAOTA482 posted...
All those anime are only popular with the specific anime-interested audience (which isn't that big) except for Kinnikuman, not many people even know it exists.

Because that matters?

How many people outside of DC nerds give a batcrap about Batman?
And look at how well Arkham Asylum did?

If that's taught me one thing, it's that it's never too late to not be obscure.
---
If you have accepted Kenshiro as your lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, you are already dead.
#8Oni_Taedo(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2012 8:22:03 AM
plo617 posted...
Dude, I would kill for a Guyver game. They could even get David Hayter to voice the main character, lol.

I'd prefer it to be based off the manga, but Hayter would have to be in there.
I'd get him to provide the voice of Lisker.
Hell, let's get Steven Blum back for Agito.

In my mind I have it played out like Prototype, but with some actual challenge thrown in (fighting a gregol or two would be a joke, but trying to fight a single Enzyme on your own would be an easy way to start a new career as floor polish)
It would take place in a large city, but you'd also have areas outside of the city, forests, mountains.
On top of that, all the buildings to traverse, squishy people to vivisect, Zoanoids to rip to shreds.

Of course, you'd have all the weapons (vibration swords, gravity orb, Megasmasher etc.).
---
#9Oni_Taedo(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2012 8:26:35 AM
Savra104 posted...

Let's hope that the contract ends soon, and Namco doesn't renew it.
---
#10sshelioPosted 5/16/2012 10:42:07 AM

How many people outside of DC nerds give a batcrap about Batman?

About a ****ton. Batman is a goddamn cultural icon in America. Cutie Honey isn't.
---
~Helio
http://killmoderation.com | http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v673/sshelio/KM.jpg