Hero mode problems

#1shark80manPosted 12/28/2011 12:26:52 PM
How can I complete training against goku and vegeta when you get zero help from previous training and barely any boosts from fighting the sub fights? The only fight I have left is omega shenron and he's too tough to beat in my current state. What the heck am I supposed to do!
---
"You're not on the team and I'm not on the team. . . then nobody's on the GD team! The team sucks!" Griff
#2SSJ VegetolliPosted 12/28/2011 5:37:53 PM
If it's the FIRST Omega Shenron fight... dude... don't do anything yet. TRAIN TRAIN TRAIN.

Go to World Tournament if the random battles bore the heck out of you.

Or, restart your dude.... like I recently did. It's making a huge difference.
You keep EVERYTHING you unlocked and earned through training with Masters.

Other words: not so pathetic start up to your character.
Example:
I have Meteor Combination, Meteor Strike, etc. at the START of this, as well as ALL the customization items I've unlocked.

If you're getting 14k damage *approx* just restart from scratch. Level up as BEST you can to fight what's to come. I rushed story and regret it... as I HAD to restart. Everything was annihilating me.
---
XSpidercideX : Wait, there are girls at gamefaqs?!
Me: Ugh... noobs are the herpies of the gaming world
#3GeomagnusPosted 12/29/2011 4:16:16 AM
SSJ Vegetolli posted...
If it's the FIRST Omega Shenron fight... dude... don't do anything yet. TRAIN TRAIN TRAIN.

Go to World Tournament if the random battles bore the heck out of you.

Or, restart your dude.... like I recently did. It's making a huge difference.
You keep EVERYTHING you unlocked and earned through training with Masters.

Other words: not so pathetic start up to your character.
Example:
I have Meteor Combination, Meteor Strike, etc. at the START of this, as well as ALL the customization items I've unlocked.

If you're getting 14k damage *approx* just restart from scratch. Level up as BEST you can to fight what's to come. I rushed story and regret it... as I HAD to restart. Everything was annihilating me.

Yeah, rushing the story, from what I've heard, is definitely not the way to go. Just grind levels as much as you can until it gets boring or until it starts going incredibly slowly.

Doing giant boss battles, against enemies like Great Apes (I think one shows up in the wasteland somewhere after the very first story fight) give a really nice amount of AP if you're good at reacting to boss patterns/mashing buttons/timing button presses correctly/hitting buttons really quickly in sequence. As the person above me stated in another thread, the single button timing presses can be a pain to actually land, but if you practice enough, you'll get the hang of it. Believe me, if you can beat some of the enemies like Meta-Cooler Core and Hirudegarn in the main story, you can beat those guys easily. (Especially Meta-Cooler. >_>)