So they got rid of the stuff I liked in the first, and kept the stuff I hated?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2
  3. So they got rid of the stuff I liked in the first, and kept the stuff I hated?
3 years ago#1
Watched some of the gameplay videos and interviews, and while they only gave so much info, what the gameplay videos show are enough to disappoint.

Granted the first game wasn't the best game ever, but for a budget title, it was awesome. Your health only regenerated up to 30 out of 100, you had limited Health Syrettes, wind and weather affected your shots, the game was generally not about big cinematic set-pieces, and whatnot. On the downside, missions were linear as hell, foliage was static and clipped right through you, and enemy AI was kinda meh.

So from the gameplay videos I saw, it seems like all of the downsides I listed still remain, and all of the good things are gone now. Health fully regenerates when you get hurt, there didn't seem to be any sort of wind that affected shots, cinematic scripted throat-cutting segments and epic helicopter battles were tossed in as if that's a normal every day occurrence for a Scout Sniper, and it just generally has even bigger CoD-feel than the last game.

I was really kinda hoping that they'd just expand on what they did with the first game. Keep it more or less the same, but give you a massive, non-linear map with your objectives scattered about and leave you to your own devices ala Far Cry 2 or Operation Flashpoint. I loved the health system in the original game that forced you to avoid conflict, whereas now you can just screw around as much as you like, taking only a second here and there to lay down behind something whenever a .50 round hits you so your health fills back up.

I'm still hopeful, but I'm sure this'll end up disappointing me...which is sad. I actually really liked the first game was looking forward to his one.

Maybe I'm wrong? Hopefully!
  1. Boards
  2. Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2
  3. So they got rid of the stuff I liked in the first, and kept the stuff I hated?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived