This or Armored Core V?

#1Albtraum13Posted 4/23/2012 6:49:31 PM
I want something like MECH Warrior.
#2Joey2coolPosted 4/23/2012 11:54:01 PM

I would recommend ACV if it had a much larger community, more useful parts, and actual American support. ACV is obviously closer to a mech game than this, and the customization is what kept me going for a while.

#3KYOOBIKLEEZPosted 4/25/2012 10:18:49 PM
Hmm I was in the private beta for this, and I own ACV, and I gotta say I'd recommend ACV. Star hawk seems cool but idk, I feel like Warhawk was better =/

Although a lot of ACV players are too focused on territory... I think people will eventually discover the awesomeness of free battle though ^_^
---
Music is like candy...You have to throw the rappers away before you can enjoy it.
PSN ID: KYOOBIKLEEZ
#4U1gitaroomanPosted 4/30/2012 1:05:31 PM
I'm assuming by now you've made your decision but I have nothing better to do.

I hope you chose Starhawk.

I've been a big fan of AC since Master of the Arena. I've played every single one since. (except maybe a PSP one or two). ACV felt like a huuuuge step back in every way. It technically was, going from Nexts back to Cores....but it doesn't excuse the lame story, the boring weapon selection, clunky interface, terrible HUD and bland graphics.

I rented ACV....

took it back the next morning (7 day rental)
---
It could be anything.
Because clearly this is the board for orange soda and five dollar foot longs. What on earth did you think he meant, if not the game?
#5darkbeamPosted 4/30/2012 6:58:25 PM
get starhawk, this games community will last much longer than acv, reason? acv is already dieing due to no support, no news on support and fractured servers (na cant play with eu or jap players, so it is a VERY fractured community)

i have been a long time ac fanboy, but this ac game....out of all of the ac games i own and i own them all (save for last raven...) this is the one i wish i had NEVER bought
#6SeraphimZ3r0Posted 5/3/2012 3:56:51 AM
I'm surprised that I'm seeing people say ACV is good. The last couple absolutely blew.
---
If Bully 2 isn't made soon, I will kill again.
#7ToastyToastyPosted 5/3/2012 4:58:01 AM
Albtraum13 posted...
I want something like MECH Warrior.

This remark alone leads me to tell you not to touch ACV. If you want something like Mech Warrior you obviously don't want a GOOD mech game.

Just buy Starhawk and run around in Mech mode hawks so I can RPG your bulky *** faster than you can say Raven, hahahahahaha.