How the %$#@ do I play an OFFLINE split-screen game??

#1MashYouGoodPosted 5/9/2012 11:39:32 PM
What the heck is wrong with this game?

They said there was an offline split-screen mode in this; a survival-type mode or something. But the split-screen icon / square in the menu is faded out, and upon trying to enter a game, a message that reads something like "You must in a multiplayer game with a second controller connected to play split-screen"...! o_0

Even more 'tarded: I go online and try to join in another profile, but tells me I have to exit the game to do thus... WTF is going on here??!

The back of the box clearly has the icon for "1-2 Players" offline -- where is this option in-game? How do I start an offline split-screen game?

Surely I don't have to be online to play couch co-op? Surely I don't have to return this game for refund within 24 hours... surely??

1.5 hours of updating, installing, jerk-off online pass activation... and still I cannot play a game! Starting to see why this game won't sell well... >_>
#2Ali G spotPosted 5/9/2012 11:41:24 PM
turn your second controller on
---
===========================================================
PSN: JTBungle
#3MashYouGood(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2012 11:47:06 PM
My god... -_-

Two controller ARE turned on -- the split-screen option is still faded out. It keeps telling me I need to be in a multiplayer game already (in progress) for the mode to work!

Can someone confirm this game allows for OFFLINE split-screen play... please.
#4ToastyToastyPosted 5/10/2012 12:04:56 AM
MashYouGood posted...
BAWWWWWW

You again?
lol I love how you think this game is going to do badly just because it isn't built for kids like you. Go online, nobody buys a 'Hawk game to not play it online, or were you too young to play Warhawk?

Just take the game back. You aren't good enough for it.
#5YodummytrashPosted 5/10/2012 12:08:10 AM
Go to homeworld, select splitscreen. While in homeworld, it's kinda like a less boring lobby where you can tell fools to meet you and you can drive around while you wait. No restrictions so the game won't have a **** fit when you select splitscreen in an online game. Enjoy.
#6MashYouGood(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2012 12:13:48 AM
LM[Peachy]AO! xD

So, after further inspection, am I to understand I need to be online with TWO ACCOUNTS to play couch co-op OFFLINE?? o_0

*rolls of floor laughing *

Sorny: The one and lonely.

http://i41.tinypic.com/2nl8fno.png
#7ToastyToastyPosted 5/10/2012 12:37:33 AM(edited)
Accounts are free, if you have friends that play PS3 at your house you should already have two accounts on it, which leads me to believe you actually don't have any friends and are just actively searching for things to cry about.

And if you don't have the means to play online you should better research your purchases and you shouldn't have bought Starhawk. That's like buying Team Fortress 2 with the intention of playing offline.
#8MashYouGood(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2012 12:56:24 AM
^ The devs clearly stated the game had "split-screen offline co-op".

The back of the game box states there is offline "1-2 Players".

See pic as to what I mean regarding this issue, Sorny and adolescence: http://i53.tinypic.com/2m29wxx.png
#9Setnaro XPosted 5/10/2012 5:17:47 AM
I got it working with no troubles. Your PS3 needs to have at least a second account saved on the hardware (either from a friend or an alt), then you get your 2nd controller on, and then badabing.
---
Proper sound shatters glass. Proper sound shatters the Universe.
#10LhunthangionPosted 5/10/2012 5:27:31 AM
Ali G spot posted...
turn your second controller on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2P5qbcRAXVk
---
I AM ERROR.