I like Starhawk, but this board's community SUCKS.

#1pdizzles125Posted 5/17/2012 5:20:22 AM
It's already half full of complainers and whiners. Take the game for what it is... a 9/10, and enjoy it. If there are any REAL problems that need to be patched, the dev's will patch them.
---
http://youtu.be/SWAZRHwmXes
My song featuring pidgeot! :D
#2kaserdemonPosted 5/17/2012 6:36:24 AM
That's the internet for you man. I bought the game and have yet to play it, but I'm looking forward to it with a positive outlook.
---
PSN: kaserex
#3PandaOtterMoosePosted 5/17/2012 7:01:27 AM
Its gamefaqs, what do you expect
#4squiggy9996999Posted 5/17/2012 7:12:51 AM
try the official site? not that there won't be comTROLLERS there too. damn i'm clever, what was tyler durden's line about it? :(
#5Kjones77Posted 5/17/2012 7:13:47 AM
Really compared to most of the other boards I don't think it's bad or full of complainers at all. People asking if others are having problems connecting is a perfectly normal question.
---
Psn kylejay
#6squiggy9996999Posted 5/17/2012 7:22:59 AM
now that you mention it, for a console exclusive board there really isn't much hate at all. full moon? there's no way it is due to maturity on the part of gamers... that's a real pickle.
#7fireblade08Posted 5/17/2012 8:47:04 AM
This is GameFAQS, most people here don't have the game or want to know why part X sux to them. if you want a StarHawk community head over to PS forums.
#8DaanzigthornPosted 5/17/2012 9:30:34 AM
pdizzles125 posted...
It's already half full of complainers and whiners. Take the game for what it is... a 9/10, and enjoy it. If there are any REAL problems that need to be patched, the dev's will patch them.

You think people complain here?, go to the official boards.
and add Warhawk self entitled zealots to the mix.
---
Radiance of Regulus(RoR) Starhawk clan bringing it all the way from the brightest star in the constellation of Leo.
#9craelonPosted 5/17/2012 9:40:25 AM
I love this game. Best multiplayer experience I've had since... ever...

Still, it is in need of some serious patching, and almost all of it having something to do with the new building system. I understand that this building stuff is very new to the devs and therefore they aren't going to get it right the first time around but damn, the cheap players exploiting the dev's shortcomings is practically an epidemic online. It's a virus that needs expunging for the sake of everyone that payed $60 for this experience. I have faith they'll do something about it but I don't exactly know when. If I were in charge this is what I would do:

Bunkers would have the most health out of ALL the buildings by about 10 fold.

You cannot build in the opposing team's base. If the drop point is anywhere in their colored area then your building is automatically destroyed upon touchdown and you lose your Rift energy. You can place the buildings all around the colored area and box them in but you can't place it on the colored area.

Change the Bruiser skill to only damaging vehicles. Srsly, wtf man? One guy with a knife shouldn't be able to destroy 4 unmanned bunkers in 10 seconds, that's way overpowered. At least a person in a vehicle can defend itself or move out of the way.

Add a second troop turret for destroying vehicles. Just a small rocket turret will suffice.

Up the health of walls. As of now they're virtually ineffective for blocking anything except sidewinders. Let them survive at least 10 rocket shots and maybe 5 tank shots. It's a wall. It's sole purpose is to keep people out. Yet it feels like the wall is made of paper.

Give the anti-air turrets a third option: the homing rockets. These were your best defense against Hawk rushes in Warhawk so it baffles me as to why they chose to remove them from the series. They were practically useless against ground troops because of their inaccuracy but they made up for it in being able to take Hawks out in 2-4 hits.
---
I declare this post a VICTORY ( ^-^ )v
#10jaysomniacPosted 5/17/2012 11:04:03 AM
pdizzles125 posted...

I would argue that, after paying $60, we have the right to complain or whine when the "best MP game on the PS3" turned out to be a base-camping flop. Starhawk has the potential to be amazing, but with a shallow SP and an unbelievably unbalanced MP, it's falling far short of the goal.

I enjoyed the game far more than any other MP game I've owned the first 3 days, but now I can't join a game without spawning and instantly dying because of the onslaught of tanks and hawks bombing my base.