Anyone else getting bored?

#1HNKSPosted 5/17/2012 8:52:56 AM
Ive played 9 hours and enjoyed most of it, but I am getting bored. Maybe a different game mode would help, something like kill confirmed from MW3. This would help reduce campers also. It just seems to me that every game pans out the same.

Save energy make tank and shield = Own opposition.
---
PSN: HNKS
#2Rockman_foreverPosted 5/17/2012 8:57:13 AM
Yeah im getting pretty sick of this fast. I've never seen a game that had so much base rape. Its like the point of the game is to just base rape and spawn camp. There are 0 battles taking place anywhere else but home bases. The score is always around 40 - 10 or some insane crap like this. One guy is always on a 30 kill streak with his hawk or tank... man. I was expecting a lot more from this. I may just go back to warhawk lol.
---
PSN ID: Gibson_haxorz [starhawk]
#3Metalfanatic90Posted 5/17/2012 9:21:53 AM
Yeah, I'm getting bored with it too.

Bombing things no longer brings me joy.
#4ZidaneskiPosted 5/17/2012 9:26:00 AM
Try zones perhaps?
#5HNKS(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2012 9:29:36 AM
Zidaneski posted...
Try zones perhaps?

I find Zones almost impossible to play with randoms. It seems like Im always on my own.
---
#6craelonPosted 5/17/2012 9:56:46 AM
Nope.
---
I declare this post a VICTORY ( ^-^ )v
#7DaanzigthornPosted 5/17/2012 10:10:17 AM
I love the game it has l lot of what I enjoy from MP games like Battlefield and I plan on playing throughout its whole life cycle and keep supporting LBI for not making a cookie cutter game.
that being said right now we are playing with very unbalanced tools.

cluster bombs- insane damage to structures and decimates infantry and you fire 4 at a time perfect for base rapes. and it takes no skill to use.

Bruiser- mash R3 and destroy everything why use a rocket launcher when you have a knife that is better.

flak cannon - ruining dog fights as 1-2 pumps at someones general direction and boom they need to cut a bit more range off it.

tanks and hawk costs - after creating their respective dispenser any other teammate that passes by can just create one and mass produce this deadly assets. they need to increase the cost and respawn time of these to avoid mass production that turns into base rape when the other team cant build defenses fast enough.

Outpost cost - they get destroyed pretty quick and cost too much. thankfully they will be reducing the cost of these. with that people can move forward and create bases out side of their spawn.

I could go on for a bit more but I dont like text walls.
---
Radiance of Regulus(RoR) Starhawk clan bringing it all the way from the brightest star in the constellation of Leo.
#8WingZero0782Posted 5/17/2012 10:41:49 AM
I love playing Zones, I loved it in Warhawk and it's better in Starhawk due to B 'n' B.

How can people moan about this game, it's better than Warhawk, any COD, Halo, Gears of War, and it's slightly better than Battlefield.

If only Star Wars BF3 was still being made, that'll be the only MP that'll beat this imo.

Oh and if only Warhammer 40k Space Marine had MP like Starhawk (vehicles, etc).

I have fun building bases, turrets, etc and trying to destroy/capture an enemy zone, don't be too competitive and/or rage quit just because your team is losing, it's like sports where your favourite team doesn't always win but it's fun to watch/play.
---
Currently Playing: who the **** cares.
DCUO Name: Techno Knight, Level: 30, Server: Crossfire, League: TheGothamKnights.
#9jaysomniacPosted 5/17/2012 10:57:14 AM
I wouldn't say I'm getting bored as much as frustrated. I joined 3 games on Tuesday, all of which put me right in the middle of a spawn camping nightmare. After about an hour I turned it off and switched games. When I bought the game, before base camping was everywhere, I had some of the most fun battles in MP of any game. Now, I think "why bother spawning and dying for an hour."

If the devs make it more balanced, it'll definitely be a personal GOTY for me.
#10HNKS(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2012 10:59:00 AM
WingZero0782 posted...
I love playing Zones, I loved it in Warhawk and it's better in Starhawk due to B 'n' B.

How can people moan about this game, it's better than Warhawk, any COD, Halo, Gears of War, and it's slightly better than Battlefield.

If only Star Wars BF3 was still being made, that'll be the only MP that'll beat this imo.

Oh and if only Warhammer 40k Space Marine had MP like Starhawk (vehicles, etc).

I have fun building bases, turrets, etc and trying to destroy/capture an enemy zone, don't be too competitive and/or rage quit just because your team is losing, it's like sports where your favourite team doesn't always win but it's fun to watch/play.

Ye it is fun. However after the 100th match it feels a bit samey. Thats the problem. Each match for me seems like a direct copy and paste of the previous.
---