Best way to defeat The Destroyer Solo?

#1super_burb_zapPosted 12/6/2011 7:00:39 PM
Topic.
Haven't killed any hard-mode bosses yet, but I have enough adamantite for every adamantite related.
---
If the topic's dead, it's my fault.
I never really was on your side.
#2HyperRyunPosted 12/6/2011 7:35:41 PM
Deep Hallow

grab some crystals

make some crystal shot

Unload all the bullets
---
http://i.imgur.com/F3AIV.gif
#3SN_NinjaPosted 12/6/2011 7:38:39 PM
I just recently decimated him with a Magical Harp. It tears him to threads. However, you need to kill the Twins before you can make one.
#4Hypertext_EyePosted 12/6/2011 9:51:13 PM
Cross Necklace + cobalt shield + band of regeneration + regeneration potion + 60 defense + melee weapon + stand in place = easy mode destroyer fight

I recommend a flail for most of the fight, switch to a sword to kill the probes if your health is "low," they drop hearts (my health never fell below 300). Though you could probably use any kind of weapon if you really want (as long as you can kill it before morning). You can also do without the cobalt shield but you'll have to grapple the ground to stay in place. The other two accessories can be pretty much anything. A star cloak would do a little extra damage, and maybe use an emblem for your weapon of choice. You may need to use an ironskin potion to get your defense to 60 depending on your armor and the mods on your accessories.

The biggest source of damage is from the lasers, but if you're constantly being hit by the body, they won't touch you.
#5super_burb_zap(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2011 8:28:43 PM
So basically I have to put myself in a tight area so I'm not hit by lasers or probes outranging me? Great.
---
If the topic's dead, it's my fault.
I never really was on your side.
#6RespectTheIMDPosted 12/7/2011 8:35:29 PM
Make a small little box somewhere in the sky, a little lower than a sky island. Inside that box, make a little hole on the bottom most right part of it so you can shoot out of it. Stand on that hole and shoot through it. The Destroyer should never fly high enough to touch you, so while you're constantly shooting it, all you have to worry about are those flying things that can pass through walls, although usually, you'll be able to just kill them with bullets before they get to you.
---
Top 5 Celebrity Crushes: 1. Isla Fisher / 2. Alison Brie / 3. Kristen Bell / 4. Anna Kendrick / 5. Regina Spektor
#7RespectTheIMDPosted 12/7/2011 8:41:13 PM
Took a screenshot to show what I mean.

http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/8374/terrariaq.png
---
Top 5 Celebrity Crushes: 1. Isla Fisher / 2. Alison Brie / 3. Kristen Bell / 4. Anna Kendrick / 5. Regina Spektor
#8phyzium1Posted 12/7/2011 8:43:37 PM
and the destroyer can't just climb up the wooden pillar?
---
*Staring at chest* "I see you've constructed additional pylons." -Senator Meow
#9RespectTheIMDPosted 12/7/2011 8:51:08 PM
Not high enough to touch you.
---
#10phyzium1Posted 12/7/2011 8:53:09 PM
don't suppose you had a depth meter at the time? it seems that just guessing where to shoot will take a long time to kill him. especially if you only have the night to do it.
---
*Staring at chest* "I see you've constructed additional pylons." -Senator Meow