How to end a Goblin Invasion ?

#1NitharadPosted 5/18/2011 7:41:14 AM
So today the Goblin Army arrived ... and the fight is going on ... and on ... and on ... and on ... I'm sure I already killed at least 50 Goblins, my merchant is dead and I'm fighting for nearly a whole Day (ingame Hours) against Goblines.
I died like 30 times at least because I'm not really equipped for such enemies yet.

How can I stop this Invasion ?
I tried to travel east because that's the direction the Army is from, but there's no leader or something like that.

Do I just have to keep going ?
I already wasted sooooo much resources on this.
#2Mystic__HatePosted 5/18/2011 8:01:48 AM
Mine lasted 45 minutes real time.... i cried.
#3Royal_LightningPosted 5/18/2011 8:03:31 AM
Same thing happened to me on my 4th day, and I wasn't ready.

You just have to keep fighting them. Eventually when you kill one it'll say they've been defeated.

If a goblin has dropped a harpooninator yet, I suggest going to a flat area and using that. Either aim just behind the advancing group and hit them all, or aim for the one in front and take advantage of how fast it can fire when they're right in front of you.
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run into the woods and never come back and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#4Nitharad(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2011 8:12:06 AM
Yeah I have a harpoon, thanks for the tip I will try it.

Really annoying how long this lasts, they need to change that in a future patch in my opinion.
#5rahlhunterPosted 5/18/2011 8:14:28 AM
That is weird and I hope it gets fixed.. IIRC it's supposed to only last 12 minutes of real time.
---
PSP 1001 (CFW), PSP 2001 (CFW), PSP 3001 (OFW)
Currently Playing: MHFU, MHP3rd, God Eater Burst
#6Mystic__HatePosted 5/18/2011 10:32:32 AM
It would be fun late game when you are geared up if combat was more about strategy less about wait until potions off cooldown.