How to run your own Terraria server

Erik212
Posted: 5/19/2011 6:01:27 AM
By the way, port 31337 wasn't all that smart of a port to choose, as most security software blocks it due to being a common backdoor port. Not saying that opening it will get you infected, but it probably increases your risk and I know most enterprise firewalls (e.g. universities) block it unconditionally across their network.

I'm not sure when there will be some option to change the port implemented in the game. A dedicated and preferably multiplatform dedicated server would be nice to have in the future as well.

Also, yeah, once you create a world it can be started as single player or multiplayer (interchangeable), and what eco master said is right. Beds change spawn point and that is saved for each player, along with piggy bank contents.
---
Another idea I had was the spy/sniper being able to climb into the soldier's rocket launcher and be launched across the map, dealing more damage, but no splash.
Previous Versions
Erik212
Posted: 5/19/2011 5:57:22 AM
By the way, port 31337 wasn't all that smart of a port to choose, as most security software blocks it due to being a common backdoor port. Not saying that opening it will get you infected, but it probably increases your risk and I know most enterprise firewalls (e.g. universities) block it unconditionally across their network.

I'm not sure when there will be some option to change the port implemented in the game. A dedicated and preferably multiplatform dedicated server would be nice to have in the future as well.
---
Another idea I had was the spy/sniper being able to climb into the soldier's rocket launcher and be launched across the map, dealing more damage, but no splash.

No Action Available

No actions are currently available to you with this message.