"You feel an evil presence watching you..."

#1IceColdKilla14Posted 9/15/2011 5:48:50 PM
So I got this message, or something similar to it, just not too long ago. And I was wondering if anyone knew what this would pertain to?
---
Vindictus characters: OichiAkechi, Maixmo311
Steam ID: ToiletTroll707
#2Guardian of HyrulePosted 9/15/2011 5:54:36 PM
You're about to get griefed by the Eye of Cthulu.
---
We can all learn something from the Legend of Zelda and it's triforce, Power is nothing without the courage and wisdom to make use of it...
#3Toasty_KabalPosted 9/15/2011 9:07:08 PM

It means you should have fought the EoC a while ago but have been dicking around instead, so now the game's going to force you to fight it over and over until you beat it.

#4TorukiaPosted 9/15/2011 10:23:04 PM
I've gotten the same message when I was tunneling down the hellevator, EoC never showed up. Not even after I got back to the surface.
#5KLouD_KoNNeCteDPosted 9/15/2011 10:57:13 PM
It means you should have fought the EoC a while ago but have been dicking around instead, so now the game's going to force you to fight it over and over until you beat it.

Umm no. It does not mean he has been "dicking" around. It simply means he has fulfilled the requirements to fight the first boss. Why waste a SLE when you get a free fight with him? Or if you are really smart use a SLE when the message "You feel an evil presence watching you..." to fight 2 EoC.
---
Darkness awaits behind the suffering day.
Men that waste lives in search of Heaven.
#6LokiISPPosted 9/16/2011 11:43:07 AM
KLouD_KoNNeCteD posted...

Umm no. It does not mean he has been "dicking" around. It simply means he has fulfilled the requirements to fight the first boss. Why waste a SLE when you get a free fight with him? Or if you are really smart use a SLE when the message "You feel an evil presence watching you..." to fight 2 EoC.

Kloud is correct. It has to do with reaching 200hp IIRC.

Do note that you need to be on the surface near the beginning of night in order for the encounter to occur. He will not attack underground, nor if you surface during the day/far enough into the night. However, he WILL eventually attack when you are on the surface at the right time....but this is a good thing, provided you are prepped.

To that end, you will want to try for silver armor and insure you have ranged weapons (ench. boomerang or shurikens) and potions (both buff and heal, if possible). If you have all of that, his pattern is very easy to figure out....and you should do well.

Note that you MUST kill him before sunrise....or he will run away and you will get no rewards.

Good luck!
---
XBL GT: Loki ISP
Clan Leader, XBL Clan Wolfpacklan...www.wolfpacklan.org
#7QwelzaarKanePosted 9/16/2011 7:08:28 PM
You need at least ten hearts and ten defense to get that message.
---
Got 'em mean muggin' while I'm e-thuggin'
#8KLouD_KoNNeCteDPosted 9/16/2011 7:23:13 PM
In addition to what has already been said the wiki also states you need 3 NPCs as well.

This happens when the player has at least ten hearts (200 life), more than 10 defense, hasn't defeated the Eye of Cthulhu before, and has at least 3 NPCs.
---
#9Toasty_KabalPosted 9/16/2011 7:24:45 PM

KLouD_KoNNeCteD posted...

---

Yeah, lens have so many other uses and demon alters are just so hard to find. Getting to 50% of the max health without fighting the first boss is a bit extreme, or the game wouldn't force you to fight him. Any time before that you have as much time to prepar you want (Build an arena, buy shuriken, make potions, etc), when the game figures you've progressed too far to even get a fair chance at prep you've probably gone too far. Not to mention he wasn't even aware of this, so it's not a strategic move on his part. If you can fight two at once with minimal warning you've progressed too far for that boss.