What to do after EoW?

#1SeanW1986Posted 1/7/2012 4:36:41 PM
I am attempting to figure out what to do now..I made a full set of shadowscale armor/weapons. I am not 'decked out' by any means..I have read about skeletron in the dungeon but I am not sure if I am ready for that yet. I highly enjoy this game but it is pretty complex and vague as too what to do and all of the walkthroughs appear to be out dated. Could somone just give me a general idea of what to do next? I am probably going to work on shadow orbs and then head to the jungle. Thanks!
#2joefitts63Posted 1/7/2012 4:39:26 PM
I did the jungle after I got shadowscale. It seemed to work out reasonably well. I am off to take on Skeletron next.
---
"Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull then ram it in an eye socket, I know I'm buildin' a better future." - Smiling Jack
#3paulisdabombPosted 1/8/2012 2:27:46 AM
After EoW I first went to the Jungle, then the Dungeon, then Sky Castles, then Underworld. I think that makes the most sense.
---
Es como la cocaina...
#4tony8669Posted 1/8/2012 5:16:31 AM
paulisdabomb posted...
After EoW I first went to the Jungle, then the Dungeon, then Sky Castles, then Underworld. I think that makes the most sense.

Jungle can be skipped entirely.

This time around (I start a new character ever patch, will probably stop that now) I had one gold key from something, probably a chest, so I unlocked one sky island. Then in the dungeon it took forever to get more. Crazy thing is, By the time I got the Shadow Key I had over 50 of them.
#5ZzReignPosted 1/11/2012 6:49:18 PM
You can start gathering meteorite. I didn't have too much trouble with Skeletron using the space gun.
#6kelemvorPosted 1/11/2012 8:07:48 PM
I recommend the jungle so you can get two of the most important pre-hard mode items. The Ivy Whip and Blade of Grass. The blade of grass will probably be your main melee weapon until you get the Night's Edge.
---
Kelemvor Lyonsbane
#7WyrmcraftPosted 1/11/2012 8:15:30 PM
Got to support Jungle.

Also, if you can hunt down a Sky Island with a lucky horseshoe and have the Ivy whip the dungeon will be cake.
---
The Bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame.
#8Kav75Posted 1/11/2012 8:38:30 PM
SeanW1986 posted...
I am attempting to figure out what to do now..I made a full set of shadowscale armor/weapons. I am not 'decked out' by any means..I have read about skeletron in the dungeon but I am not sure if I am ready for that yet.

This is exactly what my character had when I finished EoW. I also thought the samething you did and thought that Skeletron would be too hard. Needless to say I went to face skeletron first instead of the jungle and was surprised at how easy the fight was. Once the hands were gone, it was a complete joke. As long as you prepare properly and have a good fighting arena for skeletron then you'll have no problem with him.
#9WyrmcraftPosted 1/11/2012 9:24:35 PM
I lost my two server buddies to skeletron before I downed him
---
The Bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame.
#10JMusicAsonPosted 1/13/2012 7:01:34 AM
Jungle for Blade of Grass, then quite honestly, to hell. You might have trouble getting into an area to mine, but as soon as you wall yourself in, all is good.
---
"Yup. They don't call it 'nature calls' for nothing. Now we need everyone in the world to pee on plants and make this a better world." -Dr_Wi1y